• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #32 Old Label 9.2 Could grade higher?

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a X-men #32 CGC Old Label graded 9.2.

In your opinion, could it be graded higher? The spine is perfect just as the staples.

If you need more or better picture just ask.

Thanks as always

Enrico

IMG_4761%201_zps3c8ghcnc.jpg

IMG_4762%201_zpstzgmibmv.jpg

IMG_4770%201_zpshcbrfcpc.jpg

IMG_4768%201_zpsyr4grzak.jpg

IMG_4773%201_zpsn97lgopo.jpg

IMG_4775_zpsvqa2t15w.jpg

IMG_4777_zpszgdbimms.jpg

IMG_4780_zpscq5sg6u4.jpg

IMG_4783_zpscqta1gsp.jpg

IMG_4782_zpswi8g6onu.jpg

First off, this is a beautiful book, nice white cover and perfectly centered. Personally, I would get the back cover dry cleaned to remove the dark along the spine. I would not press it, doesn't need it. Should easily be a 9.4 as is. BTW, others may suggest pressing, just in case. IMO, it changes the look of the book. It may flatten out the spine resulting in fanning and exposure of the pages on the right. This book is just too perfectly centered to mess with.

Are you thinking straight resub or press and resub? As it is right now, i could see a 9.4 on a straight resub, but i can also see it coming back again as a 9.2. Personally, i would just leave it alone.

I was actually thinking of straight resub. To be honest, I don't like to press my comics or do anything to them. To me it looks like a sort of light restoration.

However, since all of you are unsure whether it would come back as a 9.4 or a 9.2 I'd just leave it as it is. :)

First off, this is a beautiful book, nice white cover and perfectly centered. Personally, I would get the back cover dry cleaned to remove the dark along the spine. I would not press it, doesn't need it. Should easily be a 9.4 as is. BTW, others may suggest pressing, just in case. IMO, it changes the look of the book. It may flatten out the spine resulting in fanning and exposure of the pages on the right. This book is just too perfectly centered to mess with.

I bought it especially because it's perfectly centered and has such rich colors.

I actually don't mind the dark along the spine. I'll leave as it is. Very glad of having bought it.

Thanks

You can rub gently the back cover with a special eraser ("gomma pane") would be ideal, just to clean it: there is no real risk to damage it, if you do it carefully.

I love the whiteness!

Really? I won't ruin it? I'll try it, then.

Thanks, Claudio.

You can rub gently the back cover with a special eraser ("gomma pane") would be ideal, just to clean it: there is no real risk to damage it, if you do it carefully.

I love the whiteness!

Really? I won't ruin it? I'll try it, then.

Thanks, Claudio.

Practice on a cheap book first. If done improperly, you can remove some gloss.

Just an update.

I used the eraser Claudio recommended and the dark along the spine disappeared completely.

I was very careful and I didn't ruin the book. Now it looks even better.

This is how it looked before:

IMG_4782_zpswi8g6onu.jpg

IMG_4775_zpsvqa2t15w.jpg

And this is how it looks now:

IMG_4796_zpso5asa8f8.jpg

IMG_4794_zpskxxbxrsn.jpg