• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Special Marvel Edition #15 (1st Hands of Shang-Chi Master Of Kung Fu)

6 posts in this topic

Special Marvel Edition #15 (1st Hands of Shang-Chi Master Of Kung Fu appearance)

A beautiful early 70's black cover book. MOKF entertained me for many years. It wouldn't surprise me if this book has never even been opened up. I've had it close to 30 years now and had never opened it or read it myself because I've always had my well-loved reader copy.

* There are zero spine ticks. What may look like one by the "TM" next to Shang-Chi's foot is just the upper staple.

The top edge of the front cover may look like very tiny chips, but they are not. The are just slight indentations that could be easily pressed out.

* The very tips of the upper and lower right front cover corners and upper and lower left back cover corners are laying over the pages very, very slightly, making them look a little blunted, but they aren't. The corners are very sharp. Could easily be pressed out.

* The bottom edge of the cover is perfectly straight and sharp with zero wear, it's just the page underneath slightly sticking out making it look a little strange.

* The lower corner of the spine on the front and back cover is not blunted or soft, it's just like the upper left corner of the front cover/spine - nice and sharp. Not sure why the scan makes it look that way.

* Surface dirt on back cover is very light and will be cleaned. The scans really exaggerated said dirt. It looks nothing like that in person.

I look forward to your opinions and grades. Thanks in advance!

0077%20150.jpg

0077b%20150.jpg

I would agree that many of them do look that way. I just have the scanner on it's default setting. I didn't want to mess with it because I was worried about having artificial results. Looks like I've naively thought that a default scan would be true to the object.

It's been a bit frustrating because the books look much better in person. It seems like a lot of the good things are diminished and a lot of the bad is highlighted/exaggerated. I need to learn how to fiddle with the controls to get them to represent the books more accurately.

The reds and yellows never show up properly (washed out is a perfect way to describe them), and a lot of the off white (and a little bit yellower) back covers are much worse in the pics.

Would any of you guys have any advice on getting those reds and yellows right, and those back covers to be more accurate? Seems like it might be pretty difficult because of so many other colors usually on the covers. Any help would be appreciated. :)

go to image after scan and click on 'fix' then fiddle with saturation tint and temp until it looks like the book as you hold it next to your monitor.