• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The discovery of an unfired bullet at the scene of the 23- year old comic store

10 posts in this topic

Did a quick search and didn't see this posted. A year old story that I came across after watching a show (which is on right now) about a murder in a comic book store.

Added intrigue: bullet found at comic book murder scene

The discovery of an unfired bullet at the scene of the 23-year-old comic book store murder has revived intrigue in one of Macomb County’s most infamous cases.

Macomb County Circuit Judge Mary Chrzanowski last week approved Michael George’s request that a bullet found in a Clinton Township strip-mall store where Barbara George was killed be tested for DNA and/or fingerprints by Michigan State Police.

The bullet was discovered in February 2013 on the backroom floor of the old comic book store where George’s wife and store co-owner was shot in the back of the head in July 1990. Michael George, 53, arrested in 2006, is serving life in prison for the slaying.

Really.

Also, to get my buddy off a murder rap I just have someone touch a bullet then put it on the floor and call the cops?

This story is still interesting a decade after the arrest.

Though I do hate that his arrest ruined the Pittsburgh comic con in the process. But that's me being a little selfish.

I'll have to catch that Dateline later. I remember this case because of the mounds of circumstantial evidence involved, though the witness who blew the guy's alibi out of the water was compelling.

That bullet may (or may not) be telling if they find any other physical evidence on it. There was a homicide where a car sat in a lake for fifteen years or so. Once the car was dry, a latent print was found that led to a suspect and a conviction.

If they get any DNA off the bullet and it is sufficient for a DNA profile, it'll be interesting to see if it comes back to the guy or someone else - hopefully not the officer or the other person who touched it. You don't need a lot anymore with the advances in touch DNA. Familial DNA tracing is also something pretty damn interesting.

I've seen that documentary a couple of times and it's very interesting. Bullet or no bullet, as I remember it, the shop owner who was convicted of killing his wife might as well have worn a t-shirt in court that said "I DID IT". He was not the sharpest tool in the shed.