• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strangest or poorest shipping packaging you have seen?

26 posts in this topic

I once received a book wrapped in newspaper and shipped in a flatened cereal box with postage attached to the "box"

Hey me too. The box wasn't 'flattened', but it was beat all to hell.

For the record, it was strawberry frosted mini-wheats. I've got a picture around here somewhere.

I once received a book wrapped in newspaper and shipped in a flatened cereal box with postage attached to the "box"

Hey me too. The box wasn't 'flattened', but it was beat all to hell.

For the record, it was strawberry frosted mini-wheats. I've got a picture around here somewhere.

I think I remember that one. lol

The worst are:

Buying from Sellers who charge adequate shipping, yet choose to use poor packaging

Buying from Sellers who offer Free Shipping who feel that gives them the right to package as cheap as possible

Selling to Buyers who try to negotiate shipping which compromises the integrity of solid packaging which adds to the costs of postage and packaging materials

The best are:

Those who offer full disclosure of the shipping price, so "take it or leave it" whether it's high or not, yet disclaim or describe their packaging, be it boxed, or in thick layers of cardboard.

I bought a hulk #181 from a guy on clist, who claimed it was a German reprint. So not too expensive. When I received it in a flimsy mailer I was mad but the postal worker thought ohh I will just Bend the package in half to fit it in the apartment mail box. I was furious until I found out it was a low grade hulk 181 with marvel stamp and not the German reprint . So it was a rather happy outcome to a poor shipping error.