• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The whole thread poofed?

120 posts in this topic

Then at the end RMA was upset about people being upset about breaking up quotes.

If you get an answer wrong on a test, is the teacher upset when he tells you what you got wrong...?

hm

(Yes, I know you're trying to be funny. :D )

The fact that you grabbed just that piece of the quote might be the funniest thing I've read on here all month. No matter what the mods say about you, your tops in my book! (I actually do like you, so don't read that as sarcasm)

My tops? What about them?

( :D )

Son of a gun! Mobile posting is for dummies :insane:

Then at the end RMA was upset about people being upset about breaking up quotes.

If you get an answer wrong on a test, is the teacher upset when he tells you what you got wrong...?

hm

The fact that you grabbed just that piece of the quote might be the funniest thing I've read on here all month. No matter what the mods say about you, your tops in my book! (I actually do like you, so don't read that as sarcasm)

Sorry that I felt the need to qualify it with an emoticon, but I wasn't sure if you'd get it. It's hard to know how clued in everyone is.

:D

Emoticons are the :jokealert: of message boards. Like when Grandma tries to tell one.

hm

Sorry that I felt the need to qualify it with an emoticon, but I wasn't sure if you'd get it. It's hard to know how clued in everyone is.

Emoticons are the :jokealert: of message boards. Like when Grandma tries to tell one.

But in this advanced social media society we live in today, isn't it possible someone, ya know someone, could use emoticons as a sincere form of insincerity masking passive aggressiveness? Or something?

hm

But in this advanced social media society we live in today, isn't it possible someone, ya know someone, could use emoticons as a sincere form of insincerity masking passive aggressiveness? Or something?

Yes, the "just kidding!" of message boards.

Have you ever seen :jokealert: used properly? I haven't.

It's almost always used by someone trying hard to be funny, not succeeding, but hoping to convince everyone that what they said was, in fact, hilarious.

:jokealert:

So weird that you can be friends with a guy on the board for years and then he turns on you so quickly for taking some jabs at Brock of all people. Someone I had real issues with too, and someone that just got a strike for threatening other posters too. Someone who has countless times gotten strikes for thread crapping. It isn't like I was totally out of left field.

Glad he showed his real colors.

I'm not one to give advice...ok, maybe I am... but...

Maybe if you framed what he said as 'friendly advice' it might not look so bad.

hm

It's almost always used by someone trying hard to be funny, not succeeding, but hoping to convince everyone that what they said was, in fact, hilarious.

Just say it with a ;) or a :)

Certainly there could be no implied sarcasm there right?

:roflmao:

hm

I was thinking more like....

They actually mean what they say... but cover it up by adding a :foryou:

So weird that you can be friends with a guy on the board for years and then he turns on you so quickly for taking some jabs at Brock of all people. Someone I had real issues with too, and someone that just got a strike for threatening other posters too. Someone who has countless times gotten strikes for thread crapping. It isn't like I was totally out of left field.

Glad he showed his real colors.

I'm not one to give advice...ok, maybe I am... but...

Maybe if you framed what he said as 'friendly advice' it might not look so bad.

Buzz, not Brock.

hm

I was thinking more like....

They actually mean what they say... but cover it up by adding a :for you:

Right, the "just kidding! (even though I totally hate your guts and would rip out your eyes given half the chance)" :foryou: of message boards.

Related aside, about " :jokealert: "

I'm heading back to the WC and am reminded why I don't hang out in CG anymore.

Yeah, it's so much more calm there....

I abandoned the WC in 2011, and haven't looked back. Not much of value there, even among the people who have much otherwise to contribute.

I abandoned the WC in 2011, and haven't looked back. Not much of value there, even among the people who have much otherwise to contribute.

It's the Mos Eisley of the CGC boards.

hm

Just say it with a ;) or a :)

Certainly there could be no implied sarcasm there right?

:roflmao:

(thumbs u

( :o )

It's the Mos Eisley of the CGC boards.

This is incredible :golfclap: