• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #137 Original Art: $48,000 + The Juice

23 posts in this topic

I was the guy on the right side sitting with Will Gabri-El

OK, I remember you two. Me and Dave (Dam60) were in the middle of the room sitting right behind CBG Managing Editor Brent Frankenhoff.

I don't think art prices are not liquid.....just like books, some art is easy to move and some isn't.

From the perspective of a collector of high grade CGC'd Marvels, the original art market looks a lot less liquid by comparison!!

everything I like has gone up tremendously over the past few years, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

twitch twitch twitch...whenever I hear rosy investment outlooks like that, particularly from those in the medical and dental professions, I start twitching uncontrollably... wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

but the prices, for the most part, will stay relatively high unless collectors are forced to sell their stuff.

Prices may stay high, but only because dealers & collectors will initially be reluctant to sell at the new, lower levels. Liquidity will dry up tremendously as a result.

- Gene

Hari, I am sorry that I didn't get a chance to meet you at the auction. I had a really good time and plan on going to more in the future. Next time you are in NYC for a auction/con please look me up.

Not sure if it helps you, but I was right behind Brent with black hair, brown eyes, glasses, a grey/black sweater and jeans.

Best,

DAM

Hi,

I think I remember you. You bid on a lot of stuff, right?......different than the stuff I collect, but nice art nonetheless!

I'm in NYC all the time, as I used to work at NY Hospital/Cornell on 70th and York. Email me privately sometime, and we can meet up the next time I'm in the City.....should be about three weeks from now. I'll bring some art.

Talk to ya,