• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for X-Men

23 posts in this topic

As always, I am looking for high grade X-Men in CGC 9.4 or above, no date stamps, and preferably off white pages or above. I may consider raw for the reprint issues but they must be pristine. Here they are :

Let me know if anybody has any for sale or trade.

Thanks

Tom

Issue # 79 is gonna be the toughest to get in 9.4 or better.

There are none better than three 9.2's in the census. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Tell me about it, I have been saying it is the hardest book to find in high grade - harder then nearly ever marvel issue since 1962 - but I was laughed at. frown.gif

i heard it was right along with showcase 4 and DD#7, haven't even seen a copy let alone in high grade, but will take a look at my lcs this week, and if i find some in extremely high grade i might flip to ya, or maybe try and work a trade hehe :P

i heard it was right along with showcase 4 and DD#7, haven't even seen a copy let alone in high grade, but will take a look at my lcs this week, and if i find some in extremely high grade i might flip to ya, or maybe try and work a trade hehe :P

Even Showcase 4 and DD 7 have graded issues of 9.4 but maybe you might find one to sell me. It is amazing, I have been looking for it for years but have never seen a decent copy. Harley Yee once an issue but it looked about 9.0 and he wanted too much for a 9.0.

Tell me about it, I have been saying it is the hardest book to find it high grade - harder then nearly ever marvel issue since 62 - but I was laughed at. frown.gif

It's gonna be brutal bidding when one does finally surface and is auctioned on the open market. I know numerous people that would be gunning for that book, including myself frustrated.gif

Tell me about it, I have been saying it is the hardest book to find in high grade - harder then nearly ever marvel issue since 1962 - but I was laughed at. frown.gif

It's gonna be brutal bidding when one does finally surface and is auctioned on the open market. I know numerous people that would be gunning for that book, including myself frustrated.gif

It will be some bidding, I hope everyone has deep pockets because that will be one of the books I pull out all stops.

On a side note, our discussed arrangements will be taken care of by the end of the week.

Good luck. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Where did you pick it up?

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know gossip.gif

I got it off of eBay through a seller's store. He sent me a few scans that looked pretty good. The back looked perfect and the front had few defects, but you never know from a scan. I got it for $50 so who knows? The upper left corner looks a little iffy. I am not sure it will pull a 9.4 but it definitely higher than the 8.0 I have now.

770307-x-men_793.jpg

770307-x-men_793.jpg.79c6d50a017282cb32c13bc0b22da3b5.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do receive a 9.4, you'll have the highest graded copy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but I know it is a long shot. What do you think it looks like from the scan?

On the right hand side, right below iceman's slide, there seems to be some "vertical creases". I have no idea if it's part of the picture, or more like a thumb crease.