• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for X-Men

23 posts in this topic

Good luck with this, keep us posted. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Is that a crease on the spine by Beast's shoulder? Hope not.

I do not think it is a spine crease, I zoomed up on a much higher resolution scan and there does not appear to be anything there.

Based on the scan probably a 9.2. What's up with the upper left corner that you mentioned?

It is not evident on the picture I posted but in the higher resolution scan, it is slightly discolored.

On the right hand side, right below iceman's slide, there seems to be some "vertical creases". I have no idea if it's part of the picture, or more like a thumb crease.

I saw that as well. It is not a thumb crease because the edge is sharp. Something appears to break the color but it is impossible to tell what exactly it is. If it is on the comic, the grade could be 8.5 to 9.0, if not -9.2 to 9.4. It is all conjecture at this point, it could easily turn out to be a 8.0 when I get it in hand. As you know scans can hide defects and show ones that are no even there.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the right hand side, right below iceman's slide, there seems to be some "vertical creases". I have no idea if it's part of the picture, or more like a thumb crease.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw that as well. It is not a thumb crease because the edge is sharp. Something appears to break the color but it is impossible to tell what exactly it is. If it is on the comic, the grade could be 8.5 to 9.0, if not 9.2 to 9.4. It is all conjecture at this point, it could easily turn out to be a 8.0 when I get it in hand. As you know scans can hide defects are show ones that are no even there.

I hear ya on the hidden defects. GOOD LUCK and hope it's a 9.4. thumbsup2.gif

The 79 turned out to be an 8.0. Disappointing, but not surprising. I have two more coming from eBay, who knows maybe I will get lucky. Thanks to wasonff ( Drew) , I now have a X-men 90 and Reliant-5 from eBay is sending me a CGC'd 35 in 9.4 with white pages.