• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

****ATTN DEALERS AND WITNESSES 2016******

30 posts in this topic

This is for Dealers who have their own witnesses.

I have to be as clear as I can on this so forgive the bluntness, If a Dealer's witness wants to get books done for himself, he also needs a witness.

A Dealer's witness can not witness his own books and put them under their Dealers account and have them ship to themselves. I would think this would be obvious but apparently it isn't

If a Dealer is witnessing for another Dealer/Customer he can not put them under his own account.

I will spell it out further. If A dealer and his witness go to a signing, then only the Dealer is getting books done not the witness.

If you want to witness your own books, I can send them back to you and you can send them to a company that can certify them after the fact.

Much Love and Respect

Since you are not a Dealer or a Witness, you are not the intended audience.

@MikeB - you may want to think about scrubbing this thread and locking it. It's just going to get more diluted with responses.

Bottom line:

Witnesses can't witness their own books, even with a facilitator present.

If you need it any clearer please see me at an upcoming convention and I will make sure you understand. *Caution - may involve torture such as having James Walker serenade you*

Why are they promoting the competition?

Promoting the competition??? How do you mean?

A witness who works for a facilitator can't do their own books so need to send them to another facilitator otherwise there's a conflict of interest since it's technically someone witnessing their own books which has never been allowed since the inception of the CAW.

Most of the larger facilitators know each other and work with each other already so this isn't a big request for those that are already abiding by the rules.

A witness who works for a facilitator can't do their own books so need to send them to another facilitator otherwise there's a conflict of interest since it's technically someone witnessing their own books which has never been allowed since the inception of the CAW.

Most of the larger facilitators know each other and work with each other already so this isn't a big request for those that are already abiding by the rules.

In the beginning and the majority of the SS lifetime you could witness your own books. Similar to the competition. (thumbs u

In the beginning and the majority of the SS lifetime you could witness your own books. Similar to the competition. (thumbs u

I miss your avatar

As a customer, I'm glad things have changed.

As a customer, I'm glad things have changed.

To each their own. There are advantages to both.

I miss your avatar

My board identity is in flux while I discover the joys of a midlife crisis. :ohnoez:

Understand that...but there's a reason people go to CGC over other grading companies and the verification process is one of those reasons. So not sure how what's promoting anyone else...just saying.

I agree with Torrey on this one. When CAW's and facilitator's became part of the program in 2010 that was one of the rules. I am sure behind closed doors "secret agreements" have been made between facilitators and CAW's to bend/break these rules to make it possible for CAW's to witness their own books. CGC is once again reminding us of these rules because they do not want CAW's breaking this rule

Sure Pre 2010 Witness's were one self contained unit that did both Facilitating and witnessing and they were allowed to witness their own books. CGC Changed that is 2010 for reasons they deemed were important. What ever the reason was it was their right to change them and now the rules state that a facilitator must have a CAW and a CAW can not witness their own books as it presents a conflict of interest.

It is pretty simple really. Not trying to be rude. Just simply stating the history and the rules and reasons.

It's not stating the rules when you say that there are 'secret agreements for witnesses to get books done' or 'bend/break rules'.

Mike Balent said exactly what CGC wants, and expects all of us witnessing or facilitating to know.

Not even sure why anything would need to be discussed beyond what Balent said?