• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Submissions From The UK

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm just wanting to reach out to fellow people from the UK who have submitted / submit their books to CGC for grading and wanting to get a bit more info. from them as to how they get their books there safely, what postage company etc. they use.

I'm looking to make my first submission in the coming month or-so but want to get some suggestions from fellow people in the UK before making my first submission.

Thanks in advance! :)

I have used WolfComics, they offer a good service, all you do is send the comics to them, and they do the rest, and they always respond to emails etc.

However, I have also sent some comics to one of the boardies for a clean and press and CGC submission, and the overall cost per comic if you send around 6, isn't much more than a standard submission from the uk.

I have used WolfComics, they offer a good service, all you do is send the comics to them, and they do the rest, and they always respond to emails etc.

However, I have also sent some comics to one of the boardies for a clean and press and CGC submission, and the overall cost per comic if you send around 6, isn't much more than a standard submission from the uk.

Yeah, I saw what Wolf do but debated what would be the best move financially if I was to say, send ten books in at once for grading. Would they still be the best bet?

Interesting about that, who was it to? I have a few comics that could do with a clean and press but finding someone reputable in the UK seems near impossible!?

As CGC own these forums and have their own pressing company, I'm not sure on the rules of posting the other available options, but a quick search of the forums will shed light on what the options are for pressing and cleaning.

Yeah, I saw what Wolf do but debated what would be the best move financially if I was to say, send ten books in at once for grading. Would they still be the best bet?

Interesting about that, who was it to? I have a few comics that could do with a clean and press but finding someone reputable in the UK seems near impossible!?

I haven't subbed for a few years but did learn that multiple of 10 are the best way to go. The return shipping can be expensive and (If CGC still use the same packaging) the cost always seemed to increase in multiples of 10.

Another obvious point (Although I have made this mistake in the past) NEVER mix tiers. On one of my earliest subs, I had an economy, a reholder and 8 moderns.

All were return shipped in separate packages, pretty much trippeling my shipping cost :facepalm:

Hello,

I'm just wanting to reach out to fellow people from the UK who have submitted / submit their books to CGC for grading and wanting to get a bit more info. from them as to how they get their books there safely, what postage company etc. they use.

I'm looking to make my first submission in the coming month or-so but want to get some suggestions from fellow people in the UK before making my first submission.

Thanks in advance! :)

Mate do it through Wolf, they've shown me their packing process as I was nervous the first time round. They are solid, and great service throughout. You can call at any time to ask status.