• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Cleveland 2016 Report

28 posts in this topic

I'm not sure who else was there but I figured I'd start a thread and share some pictures. This was the second year for the Cleveland show and it was much larger physically, and there seemed to be a larger crowd as well compared to last year.

I went all three days as 1Cool hooked me up with a dealer badge for helping him setup, but most of my pictures are from Sunday. Friday seemed to have pretty good traffic, Saturday was an absolute zoo where occasionally I had trouble moving around, and Sunday still had a pretty good turnout and it was busy until things closed up for the weekend.

Overall it felt like more of a pop-culture convention as opposed to a strictly comic convention, but there were several decent sized booths and I think the ancillary stuff can sort of be expected at Wizard cons. Now for some pics!

They had a pretty good part of the floor dedicated to gaming, both video and table top/board games. There were several stations set up for Street Fighter, Tekken, and Dark Souls, and the table top game area had a game library and some table space. There was a lot of traffic over here.

20160228_143057_zpsgsn46ikc.jpg

Probably the entire back third of the space was devoted to writers, artists, and celebrities. The artist space was probably 3x last year and there were probably twice as many signing and photo opps compared to 2015.

I'm not sure if he was actually present or not, but Jamie Tyndall's booth had a bunch of helpers wearing stickers saying "Not Jamie" and "Also not Jamie" lol

20160228_135034_zpsjew94yab.jpg

A Jurassic Park Jeep was in attendance. There was also a mini-cooper done up like the Ghostbusters vehicle, a Supernatural car, and a Batmobile but I didn't get pictures of those. No Delorean like last year, but still some neat stuff to look at. Seemed like a lot of kids were interested in the vehicles.

20160228_135557_zpshyfpcqbk.jpg

I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the cosplay crowd, but there were a lot of Harley Quinns, a lot of Jokers, a lot of Dr. Who characters, lots of Adventure Time, several Storm Troopers, a few Kylo Rens, some Finn and Reys, and this wagon which I had to take a picture of because it was so well done.

20160228_135221_zpsjlwyo1s4.jpg

I'll end with another crowd shot from the front of the building and above the convention floor. I talked to a few of the dealers and overall they seemed pretty happy with how the show went but indicated that they would have liked to see more comic booths than were present. Hopefully others chime in with additional info :)

Wall books mostly consisted of the established keys, but there were a lot of more recent hot moderns and I think nearly every booth had a BA 12 in some condition.

Overall I enjoyed myself, and I hope this continues to grow. CGC was present and their booth was back by the artist area but I'm not sure how much activity they saw.

20160228_133309_zpsaypiqyd3.jpg