• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Mag #3 is heating up

112 posts in this topic

There you happy now? I'm the high bidder now :cry:

:D I'm just glad I have a copy! The seller is top notch and have never had any problems with him if that makes you feel any better.

Gary and I have been selling to each other for quite some time. I agree he is top notch.

I have 17 copies, if anyone wants one.

I'll take 5 of them

What grade would you prefer? They're all between 8.5 and 9.2.

Darn, I was hoping for a white page 9.8 copy :sorry:

:) In all seriousness, I'd be happy with your nice copy! It's one horror book I've never owned -

forgive my ignorance. what's the significance of this issue?

I can only speak from my experience, but this book has always been very tough to find in decent grade. I used to see a few Fair/Good copies around in the 90s, but those have seemed to dry up as collectors got turned onto this book.

Like many other scarcer horror books like Voodoo Annual 1 and the Secret Diary of Eerie Adventures, collectors are starting to pay top $$ for these cool and rare pre-code horror books.

As discussed elsewhere, this book is one of the Fawcett issues that suffered from back paper stock that makes the cover split at the spine so few survived in good condition. As the copy offered currently on eBay, the cover is always at least partially split or mostly split and in most cases completely detached so that makes the book really hard to find since a lot of surviving copies are coverless.

I have 2 copies, one in nice shape though I am afraid that if I take it out of the mylar, the front and back covers will completely separate and float away from each other and one coverless for reading and scanning.