• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 26

9 posts in this topic

what a beauty!

after press-- I can see this getting in the 6.5/7.0 range easily. Only thing that concerns me is how crisp the edges are - makes me think it was trimmed a little. That top edge worries me when comparing to this image :

014951e6cd4b309b015ac4589a5bc0a8_l.jpg

I hear you, I must confess I am a little worried.

But I noticed the bottom edge has a slight miscut, there is a portion of white paper on the right side of the bottom edge. Make me thing the cover has not been cut straight during the printing process. Anyway, I asked to my presser to check for trimming or resto. Finger crossed

People who trim books want to avoid detection they don't trim in a way that is easy to detect by chopping off graphics.

What you are seeing is a miscut 999 times out of a 1000.

Also, these "p" books apparently all come from an oo collection, not likely to be trimmed.

Finally, the number of books that have been trimmed in the universe of comics is so minute you almost can't even consider it when buying a book, you'll pass up too many books because of unwarranted paranoia.

6.0 higher with a press.

what a beauty!

after press-- I can see this getting in the 6.5/7.0 range easily. Only thing that concerns me is how crisp the edges are - makes me think it was trimmed a little. That top edge worries me when comparing to this image :

014951e6cd4b309b015ac4589a5bc0a8_l.jpg

It's the angle of the cut, look at the "superman" at the top left on marmat's copy, more space above but the the bullet on the right is clipped. Check the bottom though, and there is more space below the mic stand.