• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying comics off EBAY is a "crapshoot" getting them safely to your door..well

23 posts in this topic

"Today of the 3000-4000 packages I have shipped out UPS I haven't had a single complaint. If I ever did, I am happy with the fact that they are all automatically insured for at least $100"

I observed our UPS guy walk into the lobby of my building with an armload of boxes and then proceed to dump all of them on the marble floor from about 4 feet up and think nothing of it. That's probably what he does every day.

I hope there was nothing delicate in there.

I think they all abuse the boxes, although the USPS may be worse.

Other than long delays, so far, so good with USPS.. one lost package out of about 500. the only damaged item was one of my first few shipments in like 1998 where, like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I sent a record out in a padded mailer. i'm not sure what i was thinking.

I have given up on making my own mailers for comics/magazines/books and am spending 25-50 cents a pop between two varieties of boxes/mailers from u-line.

They do save a lot of time.

I bought a set of Origin In that came in a yellow bubble wrap envelope that although it was left in my door rather than my mailbox looked like it had been at the bottom of an empty bin when the AOL mass mailing CDs had been dumped in. It had a punture, folds and 2 damaged books inside which no doubt had been the outside books. I won't buy fromt hat seller again solely because of how he ships a purchase like that. It's not like I paid 1.50 a book and he needed to cut corners to make money on the sale

I bought a set of Origin In that came in a yellow bubble wrap envelope that although it was left in my door rather than my mailbox looked like it had been at the bottom of an empty bin when the AOL mass mailing CDs had been dumped in. It had a punture, folds and 2 damaged books inside which no doubt had been the outside books. I won't buy fromt hat seller again solely because of how he ships a purchase like that. It's not like I paid 1.50 a book and he needed to cut corners to make money on the sale

So it was'nt packaged between cardboard,also did it have "do not bend" on it. confused-smiley-013.gif....if not I would definately avoid!