• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rotten Tomatoes critics are full of it! Batman v Superman was good! spoilers!

141 posts in this topic

:gossip: This is the spoiler thread for people who saw the movie!

I must live in a different world than the artsy fartsy critics of Rotten Tomatoes.

All I heard was negative reviews about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Well,I just got back from it,and damn this was good! Very good!

I was shocked how mature and emotional this was. It took superhero movies to another level just like Frank Miller`s Dark Knight Returns and Alan Moore`s Watchmen did with comics.

I don`t get the critical reviews of Rotten Tomatoes about this movie.

Pros

Batman as Ben Affleck.

by far the best film Batman I ever saw.

Gritty and violent just like in Frank Miller`s Dark Knight.

Batman_v_Superman_MILIMA20150417_0327_14.jpg

The battle between Batman and Superman may have been the most brutal battle I ever seen in a movie! Ever!

Words can`t describe the brutality Batman does to Superman!

The scene at the beginning the origin of Batman was just heartbreaking!

The destruction of Metropolis seemed so real that it made you think how dangerous Superman battling evildoers is.

Wonder Woman was so mysterious and hot!

Yes,I can`t wait for the Wonder Woman movie now!

CSEkVeAUEAAs9Jc.jpg

Also have no fear Jesse Eisenberg delivers as Lex Luthor.

98703402b10eb834ccb9b12d0a4d6929.jpg

Double spoiler alert! Double spoiler alert!

To me what made this picture so emotional was the death of Superman! I really didn`t see it coming and it got to me when they showed him so lifeless.

Cons.

The new Aquaman looks unappealing. I have no faith in the upcoming Aquaman movie. He looks nothing like the Aquaman we know.

The new Flash doesn`t do it either. They would have been better off with the CW TV version Grant Gustin.

Conclusion:

The Rotten Tomatoes artsy fartsy critics are way off.

Me thinks they thought they were going to get a comedy movie like Deadpool, and were shocked at how serious Batman v Superman was.

Batman v Superman is a homerun,and I can`t wait for more DC Universe movies!

Didn't you think that the recent Spiderman 2 was a good movie as well? hm

so good he had to start another thread on it!!

Saw it and loved it! Would love to see it again.

Kudos to Ben Affleck. I think he nailed it. Supes and Wonder Women were great as well. I thought Lex was also well played. I guess that's most everyone. OK everyone was good.

There is a lot happening in this movie and that's because in a perfect world they would have made Dark Knight Returns and Doomsday separate movies instead of blending them and adding Wonder Woman into the mix. I am not sad about that but impressed with how well they did considering the ground they covered.

Again, Affleck was awesome. And Jeremy Irons.

Saw it and loved it! Would love to see it again.

Kudos to Ben Affleck. I think he nailed it. Supes and Wonder Women were great as well. I thought Lex was also well played. I guess that's most everyone. OK everyone was good.

There is a lot happening in this movie and that's because in a perfect world they would have made Dark Knight Returns and Doomsday separate movies instead of blending them and adding Wonder Woman into the mix. I am not sad about that but impressed with how well they did considering the ground they covered.

Again, Affleck was awesome. And Jeremy Irons.

Yes,he was great as Alfred.I can`t wait for the solo Ben Affleck Batman movie.

This movie was so much better than the Fantastic Four reboot.

I really am excited about the future of DC movies. Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are up next!

You do understand that Rotten Tomatoes is just an average of all reviews, and 230 plus reviews is basically all of them? By that logic you can say Metacritic sucks also because is has the movie at a 44.

You do understand that Rotten Tomatoes is just an average of all reviews, and 230 plus reviews is basically all of them? By that logic you can say Metacritic sucks also because is has the movie at a 44.

The audience has BVS at 73% The audience pays to see the movie and they liked it. I will take a paying customer`s opinion over some artsy fartsy rotten tomatoes critic who gets in to see the movies for free any-day!

The audience has BVS at 73% The audience pays to see the movie and they liked it. I will take a paying customer`s opinion over some artsy fartsy rotten tomatoes critic who gets in to see the movies for free any-day!

And the fan score for Age of Ultron on RT was a 84%, and i personally thought that movie was a massive disappointment.

I thought the actors were all good but I could have done without all the dream sequences. I also thought it was stupid how batman was so ready to kill superman the whole time but decides not to and becomes besties with him because his mom had the same first name.

I thought th movie was great!

- Batman is great. Ben Affleck owns Bruce Wayne

- Wonder Woman needs to be recast. The actress who played WW isn't imposing enough. Sorry

- Superman is great. Henry Cavil was a pleasant surprise

- Lex Luthor is bananas and I like it

- Alfred is a grease monkey! liked that too

I read that people find the early part of the movie dragging but for a guy like me, who has very limited exposure to DC stories, I find it interesting and critical part of the movie.

I thought the actors were all good but I could have done without all the dream sequences. I also thought it was stupid how batman was so ready to kill superman the whole time but decides not to and becomes besties with him because his mom had the same first name.

minus the mom first name part.... isn't this the way every superhero interaction starts in the comics.... why would it be different now?

I thought th movie was great!

- Batman is great. Ben Affleck owns Bruce Wayne

- Wonder Woman needs to be recast. The actress who played WW isn't imposing enough. Sorry

- Superman is great. Henry Cavil was a pleasant surprise

- Lex Luthor is bananas and I like it

- Alfred is a grease monkey! liked that too

I read that people find the early part of the movie dragging but for a guy like me, who has very limited exposure to DC stories, I find it interesting and critical part of the movie.

I agree. Ben Affleck owns Batman. The Batman franchise is in good hands.

Also the most brutal fight ever between super heroes on film.