• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rotten Tomatoes critics are full of it! Batman v Superman was good! spoilers!

141 posts in this topic

It looks like the fans have spoken and ignored the critics bias!

Batman v Superman’ Clobbers Box Office!

Brings in 424 million over the weekend!

:banana:

COME ON COMIC CONNOISSEUR! THESE WERE PRESALES!

Let him enjoy it. The heroic true fans have overcome the evil tyranny of the corrupt pc police critics. It's a triumph for humanity and democracy. Gyro sandwiches for everyone!

There is simply no other explanation, and also no way any reasonable non corrupt movie goer could find fault with the movie.

Yeah not to rain on any parade but I just saw that audience grades via Cinescore are a "B".... that's not good. Opening week on a movie like this has nothing to do with reviews. Week 2 and beyond is based on reviews and word of mouth.

And again to reiterate... if someone here loved the movie... great. They don't need critics to love it, or other movie goers to love it to justify their own enjoyment. They don't need to (and I'm not saying anyone is doing this, just speaking general of what fans do) put down those who don't like the movie as uneducated (meaning - they don't "understand" why this movie was so good).

If you love a movie, you love it.

Look, I'll confess this. I love the movie Ishtar. One of the biggest critical bombs of all time. I'd humbly suggest that if you stumble upon the movie, watch the first 15 minutes and I'd guess you'll find it funny and get sucked in. But if you don't? That doesn't change how much I enjoy the movie.

Yeah not to rain on any parade but I just saw that audience grades via Cinescore are a "B".... that's not good. Opening week on a movie like this has nothing to do with reviews. Week 2 and beyond is based on reviews and word of mouth.

When did a B become "not good"?

Superhero movies always do well with these ratings. Scoring a B on the CinemaScore puts this movie very low on the list in terms of audience rankings of superhero movies. Just so you know.. others to get a B grade with audiences? Elektra, Catwoman and Daredevil. The only movies that score worse than a B... you're talking about things like 2nd Ghost Rider, Batman & Robin, the latest Fantastic Four... that motley crew.

So yeah, a B is "not good."

I get that people don't want the Rotten Tomatoes scores to be a measure of whether or not they like the movie, but I personally think that the Rotten Tomatoes score is higher than the movie deserves. The longer I sit with the movie the worst a taste in my mouth it leaves. I haven't felt this way since Spider-Man 3, and I think i'd rather re-watch that twice than have to sit through this movie once.

I think Affleck, given a competent creative team (basically Affleck running the show) could give any of the live-action Batman's a run for the best, though Conroy will likely remain untouchable.

When you compare it My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 which got an A-. These Cinemascore ratings are about as objective as reviews from the mopes who twitter after being comped to premiere screenings.

I thought this movie was eight kinds of . Since I was expecting it to be nine kinds of , though, it was a pleasant surprise.

It looks like the fans have spoken and ignored the critics bias!

The only bias most critics have is against bad movies. When you see as many movies as most professional reviewers do, you just don't have time or patience for hot garbage like this film.

I think the problem with this movie is the Marvel has set up the expectations for main superhero movies with their approach

This doesn't follow it but goes to the beat of its own drum. It also relies on the audience to be familiar somewhat with the comics and because of that I believe most won't like the movie

I loved it. It's the best one since Iron Man and the Dark knight trilogy

The rest I've seen have be ok and entertaining

This one I'm excited about.

Probably could have reduced the movie by 10-20 minutes but I was fine with it

Wonder Woman was great

The warehouse scene was my favorite

Going back again this week

(thumbs u

I am actually more excited about the upcoming DC Universe movies than the upcoming Marvel movies now. I can`t believe I am saying this,but I like the darker more serious DC tone,than the Marvel goody two-shoes movies of late.

Let`s face it if the next Marvel movies are all going to be in the tone of the last Ant-Man and the Avengers Ultron movie I will lose interest fast in Marvel movies.

I just saw BvS.....I would rather watch the SW Prequels.

BTW I loved Man of Steel.

I couldn't disagree more with what you said in bold.

DC is going backwards.

IMDB has it at a 9.4/10.

IMDB ratings are usually pretty consistent with what actual moviegoers think of any given movie or TV show.

I haven't seen this movie but I will, and I am 100% sure I would not rate it as a 9.4 out of 10.

Looks like a 6.0 to 6.5, based on the trailer.

Breaking Bad, Dexter, Oz,Homocide,Hurt Locker, LA Confidential etc etc are 9/10's, in my book.

Preacher looks like it'll be a 9/10 to 9.4 stone cold NEAR MINT, to me.

I'd put 300 at a 7.0.....Watchmen at a 5.0.

DOJ probably will grade out as a 5.0 to 6.0.About a VG/FN.

Or maybe I'm just pissy because I didn't accept an offer of $115 on my eBay listing of MOS 18 CGC 9.8, 2 months ago.

IMDB has it at a 9.4/10.

IMDB ratings are usually pretty consistent with what actual moviegoers think of any given movie or TV show.

I haven't seen this movie but I will, and I am 100% sure I would not rate it as a 9.4 out of 10.

Breaking Bad, Dexter, Oz,Homocide,Hurt Locker, LA Confidential etc etc are 9/10's, in my book.

Or maybe I'm just pissy because I didn't accept an offer of $115 on my eBay listing of MOS 18 CGC 9.8, 2 months ago.

Preacher looks like it will be cancelled after one season.

Trailer looks like spoon.

IMDB has it at a 9.4/10.

Nonsense....and all of the reviews from the first episode screening were solid.

The Preacher trailer looks like the absolute tits to me, I question your judgement :sumo:

IMDB has it at a 9.4/10.

The Preacher trailer looks like the absolute tits to me, I question your judgement :sumo:

I hope I am dead wrong, but it feels like a dud.

IMDB has it at a 9.4/10.

I hope I am dead wrong, but it feels like a dud.

I'm a huge Preacher fan and thought the trailer completely missed the mark. It simply didn't feel like the Preacher I know.

IMDB has it at a 9.4/10.

Where does IMDB have it at a 9.4? They have it at 7.4.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

I think the problem with this movie is the Marvel has set up the expectations for main superhero movies with their approach

This doesn't follow it but goes to the beat of its own drum. It also relies on the audience to be familiar somewhat with the comics and because of that I believe most won't like the movie

I loved it. It's the best one since Iron Man and the Dark knight trilogy

The rest I've seen have be ok and entertaining

This one I'm excited about.

Probably could have reduced the movie by 10-20 minutes but I was fine with it

Wonder Woman was great

The warehouse scene was my favorite

Going back again this week

(thumbs u

I am actually more excited about the upcoming DC Universe movies than the upcoming Marvel movies now. I can`t believe I am saying this,but I like the darker more serious DC tone,than the Marvel goody two-shoes movies of late.

Let`s face it if the next Marvel movies are all going to be in the tone of the last Ant-Man and the Avengers Ultron movie I will lose interest fast in Marvel movies.

I just saw BvS.....I would rather watch the SW Prequels.

BTW I loved Man of Steel.

I couldn't disagree more with what you said in bold.

DC is going backwards.

I am pretty sure the next solo Batman movie will do 1 billion. Ben Affleck delivered!

Let`s face it Batman is DC.

All the rest are pure xtras.

So if this whole DC Universe movie thing doesn`t pan out they will go back to Batman movies.

So either way it`s a win win for the comic book fan.

I am optimistic about the future of DC movies!

IMDB has it at a 9.4/10.

Where does IMDB have it at a 9.4? They have it at 7.4.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

did you check with lonestar first? Or in the fire pit?

I can forgive a few lapses of judgement in a film but when they are as monumental and plentiful as they are in BATMAN V SUPERMAN, it needs to be pointed out and be heard so they can avoid making another turd.

I proudly state that I hated this movie. I didn't want to when I waited to see this with my wife but we were completely annoyed with this insipid waste of time of a film. I say this as a fan of comics and movies but also as a bigger fan of great storytelling which is something sorely lacking in this film.

- The movie was long by an hour and the action was sad looking. I've seen better, inventive action in lower budget films.

- The constant god vs man allusions were beyond annoying.

- Do we really need to see Batman's origin yet again?

- Why was Wayne screaming "Dad" over the phone to a bald guy in his Metropolis Offices when his dad was shot a few minutes earlier?

- The only reason Batman doesn't hand Superman his death sentence is because their moms share the same first name?

- Superman will save Lois at the drop of a hat anywhere on the planet but he can't find his own mother in a few square miles?

- So Superman can't be around Kryptonite as it weakens him but he's strong enough to be able to use it to kill Doomsday? The same idiocy was done in SUPERMAN RETURNS when Superman was lifting a continents' worth of Kryptonite even though it can kill him.

- The JLA cameos where YouTube clips? BTW, Lex designed those logos? Also, if Lex knew who they all were for many years, why not take out them all out now before they become a bigger threat to his "goals"? Also, what are Lex's "goals"?

- What the h-e-l-l does Lex do for a living?

- Since when did Superman use guns to kill Africans and not his heatvision or neck-snapping powers?

- The dream sequences were absurd.

- The best scenes were in the trailers.

- Storylines from DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and DEATH OF SUPERMAN are fit awkwardly together.

- The Senate hearing was nonsensical. And for a guy who is Super to not smell, hear or sense a bomb in a guy's wheelchair because he wasn't focused? Zod used his powers better in the 5 minutes he had them compared to "superman".

- Luthor was GOTHAM / BATMAN & ROBIN overacted by Zuckerberg.

- Lois Lane & Perry White were useless.

- Superman? Well, Superman continues to look annoyed that he HAS to save people. You'd think he was made to "save the day" by being threatened from afar with a kryptonite bullet from a sniper. Emo Supes should just slit his wrists with a kryptonite knife and call it a day. Or just go back to "Deadliest Catch".

- Wonder Woman involvement was more of an extended cameo and her whole reason for being in the area was to try and find a missing photo?

- Batman was awesome although he was more Punisher than Batman.

- Alfred was cool.

Overall, this mess of a film was aimed more at a Transformers / TMNT film going crowd. And I, proudly, am neither.

Saw it last night. There were some good things. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was great. And super hot. Sadfleck was solid. I wasn't blown away but I'd definitely go see a Batman standalone directed by and starring him. And the batsuit was well done as well. The Cyborg scene was killer. Very Robocop in a good way.

But they blew it with Superman. The whole movie is joyless. There's just no fun anywhere. It seems DC can only do dark, darker and darkest when their biggest character is a bright red and blue Boy Scout. The pacing was awful. It just dragged so much getting to the set scenes. There were people napping pretty hard in the theater.