• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who's your Batman?

57 posts in this topic

I'm surprised how well Keaton is doing. While he's very likeable he's nothing to my interpretation of Bruce Wayne.

I'm surprised too!

I'm guessing you guys are a bit younger than many of us here. I think for many born in the 50's and 60's Keaton is Batman and Reeve is Superman. Old dogs and new tricks and all that.

for a long time Keaton was Batman but that little hint of unhinged as NEG stated never sat well with me in his interpretation as Bruce Wayne.

I thought Bale did a great Bruce especially in Dark Knight Returns.

"Unhinged" lol

That's the perfect description! It suited the tone of the film.

I'm sure most people didn't like Clooney... Thoughts on Kilmer?

I remember reading Bob Kane thought he was the best Batman at the time before his passing.

Myself, I always thought Kilmer summed it up the the best for when he was pondering something on-screen. He was just thinking of what he was going to have for a sandwich. lol

Kilmer definitely had a hit streak with good movies from the 90's with The Doors, Tombstone, Thunderheart, The Ghost & The Darkness, The Salton Sea, Spartan and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang). :applause:

Don't forget Heat. Also, I'm a Top Gun kid, so Ice Man is iconic for me.

Let me throw this out there, if Val Kilmer was interested (he was not at all and notoriously a pain in the to work with in general) and had a good -script and director potentially I think he could be great on the level of other favorites. Totally can buy him as Bruce.

I'm surprised how well Keaton is doing. While he's very likeable he's nothing to my interpretation of Bruce Wayne.

I'm surprised too!

I'm guessing you guys are a bit younger than many of us here. I think for many born in the 50's and 60's Keaton is Batman and Reeve is Superman. Old dogs and new tricks and all that.

for a long time Keaton was Batman but that little hint of unhinged as NEG stated never sat well with me in his interpretation as Bruce Wayne.

I thought Bale did a great Bruce especially in Dark Knight Returns.

"Unhinged" lol

That's the perfect description! It suited the tone of the film.

I'm sure most people didn't like Clooney... Thoughts on Kilmer?

I remember reading Bob Kane thought he was the best Batman at the time before his passing.

Myself, I always thought Kilmer summed it up the the best for when he was pondering something on-screen. He was just thinking of what he was going to have for a sandwich. lol

Kilmer definitely had a hit streak with good movies from the 90's with The Doors, Tombstone, Thunderheart, The Ghost & The Darkness, The Salton Sea, Spartan and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang). :applause:

Don't forget Heat. Also, I'm a Top Gun kid, so Ice Man is iconic for me.

Let me throw this out there, if Val Kilmer was interested (he was not at all and notoriously a pain in the to work with in general) and had a good -script and director potentially I think he could be great on the level of other favorites. Totally can buy him as Bruce.

So many apologies, I can't believe I forgot Heat.

What I can't believe was I forgot "Kill Me Again". I did I student movie where we injected my footage in Val's PI portrayal.

He has done a lot of great one's since Top... Secret. Real Genius, Top Gun, Willow (ummm... could have been worse), Kill Me Again.

If any actor deserves a comeback, it's him. Just not the Marlon Brano part in a Dr. Moreau remake (although he could play it). lol