• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Panther #1 of new series sells 300,000 copies???

153 posts in this topic

I've been to 7 or 8 area shops this week hunting for various books and every one of them was completely sold out of BP#1, regular cover and variants. Looks like people are actually buying it to read
Really? I went a very popular shop a week after it cameout, and they had tons of copies, a few shelves worth of the regular cover, and variants.

Wade's in the only shop I've been to that still has them as of Saturday

Plenty of copies in Phoenix. This will be in dollar bins by the time the summer convention season starts unless Black Panther kills it in the new movie. (thumbs u

The same was true of WD 100, but it looks like most shops that overordered that book put it in the back room and sold it off in drips and drabs rather than dumping them in the dollar box and ultimately they sold them. And now the darn thing sells for over cover on ebay, even the non-Negans covers.

OK, I cam up with one example. I'll ignore the 897 counter-examples out there.

I bought a cheap variant for a friend as a gift, but nothing for myself.

The same was true of WD 100, but it looks like most shops that overordered that book put it in the back room and sold it off in drips and drabs rather than dumping them in the dollar box and ultimately they sold them. And now the darn thing sells for over cover on ebay, even the non-Negans covers.

The difference with WD 100 is that it featured a major 1st appearance. I was buying as many regular Adlard covers/2nd prints/3rd prints as I could find on the shelf for months. (thumbs u

I've been to 7 or 8 area shops this week hunting for various books and every one of them was completely sold out of BP#1, regular cover and variants. Looks like people are actually buying it to read
Really? I went a very popular shop a week after it cameout, and they had tons of copies, a few shelves worth of the regular cover, and variants.

Wade's in the only shop I've been to that still has them as of Saturday

Plenty of copies in Phoenix. This will be in dollar bins by the time the summer convention season starts unless Black Panther kills it in the new movie. (thumbs u

So far I have completely skipped this one.

Which only increases the chances of it popping.

:tonofbricks:

This one still baffles me alleged 300k print. i know marvel collectors box has a variant but still ebay stock is not as abundant or as cheap as i would expect for 300k, around $7 shipped is the lowest bin for the regular cover and some people reporting stacks at lcs's while some saying sold out and now a 2nd print!!!! If i can find a standard cover wendsday when i pick up my subs i will throw it in for good measure

Black panther in civil war kicked . I may be alone in this but thats the kind of strong confident t'challa i want to see in the ongoing, at least until the solo film. Issue 2 just seemed like more of the same jumbled story telling we got in #1. Wonder how far down the order numbers will go. Such a shame with the momentum civil wars black panther is giving i feel sorry for any first time readers brought in from the movie.