• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All you superhero comic fans might appreciate this

21 posts in this topic

I lived in Edinburgh from 1998-2000. Awesome city.

It's fascinating isnt it laugh.gif Did you ever visit Glasgow? yay.gif

Only a couple of times. Isle of Skye a few times. My work took me to Aberdeen at least twice a month.

Glencoe Scotland is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Hiking there was better than anything in Switzerland or the Pac-Northwest in my book. Just unbelievable that a place like that exists outside of a storybook.

Glencoe Scotland is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Hiking there was better than anything in Switzerland or the Pac-Northwest in my book. Just unbelievable that a place like that exists outside of a storybook.

Glencoe is the old family's stomping ground.

Then the great-great gran moved to Belfast, joined the

Black and Tans, and got run out of every civilized country

in Europe. Stupid politics.

Yeah Scotland is a lovely country. It's just let down by one city. Glasgow. Glasgow's an amazing cuty architecturaliraly (sp) and the streets are wonderful. it's the people living in it frown.gif It ruins your mood when walking through glasgow you get harranged by the ever growing crowds of neds (large groups of teenagers that intimdate you and bully you) or some junkie attaches himself to you to try and get money out of you. Still if you ever want to go on holiday to somewhere different i'd recomend Scotland smile.gif and if you get withdrawel symptoms from comics there are tonnes of Forbidden Planets and A1 Comics littered around the country wink.gif

Only a couple of times. Isle of Skye a few times. My work took me to Aberdeen at least twice a month.

My dad was born and brought up in Aberdeen. auch this thread must stop now that ive moved to england im getting all nostalic about Scotland. Only 2 and half more years till i can move back frown.gif

My dad was born and brought up in Aberdeen. auch this thread must stop now that ive moved to england im getting all nostalic about Scotland. Only 2 and half more years till i can move back frown.gif

You're half an hour from the border, dammit. You can check out the old country any time you want........

rofl its not the same as living there though :P

This is true. Besides, Aberdeen is 150 - 200 miles away, and Glasgow ain't exactly next door.

As a typical Southerner, there are many places in the North I've not been to. What's Carlisle like, in comparison to say Leeds or Newcastle?

rofl its not the same as living there though :P

This is true. Besides, Aberdeen is 150 - 200 miles away, and Glasgow ain't exactly next door.

As a typical Southerner, there are many places in the North I've not been to. What's Carlisle like, in comparison to say Leeds or Newcastle?

Well it's classed as a city but has the look of a town. Much smaller than leeds and newcastle but still it has its most important shop. A comic shop :P

Heres the "city centre"

carlisle.jpgyay.gif