• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perks of Collector's Society?

27 posts in this topic

I am glad you reminded me to ask something regarding this.

They give you a coupon for 3 EXPRESS submissions. However, on the coupon it says that the time it will take to grade your books is 20 business days not the regular 5 business days.

Uhhhhh....then it's not EXPRESS. Why do they call it EXPRESS then ?

They give you a coupon for 3 EXPRESS submissions. However, on the coupon it says that the time it will take to grade your books is 20 business days not the regular 5 business days.

wondering that myself 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Its still a good deal if you have 3 more expensive type books to submit, say over $250. If they ever make graders notes available to society members via the web THEN we might actually be getting some bang for the buck. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

they used to be processed the same as Express, they no longer are. Only a 5 day difference though.

If you are not a paid member of the CS, can you still find out your grades from CGC before they are returned online or by phone?

You don't have to be a CS member to get graders notes via the phone, or to find out grades before they are shipped back to you.

20 days seems ahem not very express to me, i am wondering also, the price on pregrading for the ones that don't make the grade? :P

I think it's something like $3 per book that doesn't make the grade.

Its $3 for moderns,more for other classes. $5 and $7 if memory serves.

I've heard of people joining the society once,yet recieving several packages,each containing the three psuedo-express coupons.Not exactly a perk,but .....

Express allows a single comic up to $4,000 before you have to go to the higher, more expensive level.

V/R,

Mike

They take your money faster.

I was in the collector's soc. for one year, then I just started submitting thru metropolis et. al. still get the discount, still get access to boards and registry, I don't see any good reason to join.....

thumbsup2.gif That's what I was thinking. Thanks!