• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Hulk #181

23 posts in this topic

I need 26 photos to make an accurate grade . . . . :grin:

I was wondering how long it was going to take for some troll to complain about the number of photos in MY POST that NOBODY IS FORCING HIM TO LOOK THROUGH. smh.

Being somewhat new here, shooting off that someone is a troll is pretty rude. What some take as humor is sometimes misconstrued as equally rude. Fair enough.

The "troll" in this case however, is someone who is quite adept at grading and resto detection.

This site is a HUGE collection of extremely knowledgeable individuals, I suggest you spend more than a few seconds analysing a response before formulating your own.

Welcome to the boards :)

I was wondering how long it was going to take for some troll to complain about the number of photos in MY POST that NOBODY IS FORCING HIM TO LOOK THROUGH. smh.

Being somewhat new here, shooting off that someone is a troll is pretty rude. What some take as humor is sometimes misconstrued as equally rude. Fair enough.

The "troll" in this case however, is someone who is quite adept at grading and resto detection.

This site is a HUGE collection of extremely knowledgeable individuals, I suggest you spend more than a few seconds analysing a response before formulating your own.

So lemme get this straight.. you're going to ignore the behavior of someone who added nothing to the conversation at hand, and instead chastise ME, the person who simply responded to being ridiculed???

If he knows so much about comics, where is his grade for this book? And more importantly, why is this person complaining about how many photos I choose to put in MY post instead of simply moving on with his life? Why would that be something that he just HAD to get off his chest, and in such a rude and condescending manner no less? And why are you giving HIM a pass? Why couldn't he just look at as few or as many photos he wants, and either leave a grade or not -- like everybody else? Why should he be allowed to get away with posting snark? And why should I NOT respond to someone who I FEEL, is treating ME with disrespect.

And lastly, why are you so focused on the word "troll" as if my use of it is the big crime that has been committed here? You sound as if I used some barrage of inappropriate four-letter profanities. Troll is an accurate label for someone who goes off topic, posts irrelevant or inflammatory comments that starts discord, more often than not for the sole purpose of provoking the reader for the Troll's amusement. And that's exactly what he did -- so that's what I called him -- a troll. And for you to go off on me like I'M the problem or I'M the one who started this is really strange to me.

I'm not someone who starts fights. But I WILL respond to bullies and hit back. And that's what this felt like TO ME.

BTW, I'm not new here. I've had an account for over a year and was lurking for a couple years before that. I chose to simply read the boards and not post. And people like "Mr. I need 26 photos" is part of the reason why. Guys like him always think there being funny, when in fact THEY are actually ruining the experience for others.

Nevertheless, thanks for the welcome to the boards.

So lemme get this straight.. you're going to ignore the behavior of someone who added nothing to the conversation at hand, and instead chastise ME, the person who simply responded to being ridiculed???

If he knows so much about comics, where is his grade for this book? And more importantly, why is this person complaining about how many photos I choose to put in MY post instead of simply moving on with his life? Why would that be something that he just HAD to get off his chest, and in such a rude and condescending manner no less? And why are you giving HIM a pass? Why couldn't he just look at as few or as many photos he wants, and either leave a grade or not -- like everybody else? Why should he be allowed to get away with posting snark? And why should I NOT respond to someone who I FEEL, is treating ME with disrespect.

And lastly, why are you so focused on the word "troll" as if my use of it is the big crime that has been committed here? You sound as if I used some barrage of inappropriate four-letter profanities. Troll is an accurate label for someone who goes off topic, posts irrelevant or inflammatory comments that starts discord, more often than not for the sole purpose of provoking the reader for the Troll's amusement. And that's exactly what he did -- so that's what I called him -- a troll. And for you to go off on me like I'M the problem or I'M the one who started this is really strange to me.

I'm not someone who starts fights. But I WILL respond to bullies and hit back. And that's what this felt like TO ME.

BTW, I'm not new here. I've had an account for over a year and was lurking for a couple years before that. I chose to simply read the boards and not post. And people like "Mr. I need 26 photos" is part of the reason why. Guys like him always think there being funny, when in fact THEY are actually ruining the experience for others.

Well....yeah.

Good luck with that.

Looks like a 6.0 or so assuming no bottom trim. Either way seems mis cut. My two cents,chill, you did over react to the photos comment. Methinks he was just poking a little fun and you responded with a bazooka.

"Looks like a 6.0 or so assuming no bottom trim. Either way seems mis cut. My two cents,chill, you did over react to the photos comment. Methinks he was just poking a little fun and you responded with a bazooka."

I just took a look at a few CGC 181s on EBay and my book cuts off at exactly the same spot across the bottom as those. So I'd say no bottom trim.

As far as my use of a "bazooka", we're dealing with the Hulk and Wolverine, of course I used a bazooka.

Sorry for "ruining your experience" :roflmao: We're all here to have fun. I'm glad you were soooooooo excited about your book that you posted 25 photos. Hip Hip freakin' hooray. If you've been here for two years then you must fully understand that 25 photos is a bit of an anomaly, no? lol

And btw, Metalpsi, thanks for the kind words. (thumbs u

It's FRIDAY!!! :acclaim:

doh!lol I honestly had completely forgotten :banana:

And btw, it's STILL Friday (at least in California) . . . :grin:

It amazes me David, new people just don't get it. (shrug)

As far as your book 5.0\5.5