• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Hulk #181

23 posts in this topic

"Sorry for "ruining your experience" We're all here to have fun. I'm glad you were soooooooo excited about your book that you posted 25 photos. Hip Hip freakin' hooray. If you've been here for two years then you must fully understand that 25 photos is a bit of an anomaly, no? lol"

Hello David,

I see you're still be-boppin' and scattin' and laughing and peppering your posts with childish emojis, and laughing and ridiculing me by saying I was "excited" about posting my beat-up little mid-level book. Bottomline: you're STILL getting off your hot takes about the number of photos I posted.

See, YOU posting THAT kind of stuff, is what started this in the first place. This is the stuff I don't like: this is the stuff I don't find funny. This is the stuff that is uncalled for. And this is the stuff that feels like bullying. Frankly I'm flabbergasted that me giving you MORE and BETTER, relevant information, to do what you came here to do, is actually a problem for you.

Is my posting of more than the standard two photos a bit of an anomaly? Yes. But does that make it wrong or something to be ridiculed. No. Am I breaking the rules? No. So why is this a problem for you? The number of photos I post does not effect you negatively in any way. So it blows my mind that you would ridicule me about it. And that's were you should be taking responsibility for what YOU did. Cause what you said (in my opinion) was totally uncalled for.

When I see people here post only two photos of a book to be graded, I think it's ridiculous. To me that's not nearly enough info to give an accurate grade to anything that might be below a 9.5 book. That's just me! But do I post comments laughing at those people, make jokes at their expense, and attempt to shame them for providing so little info? NO. I keep those thoughts to myself. (something you should have considered "Mr. Seinfeld.") Because that's rude, and that lack of images doesn't harm me in any way. So why say that to someone?

So why do I post sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many photos? I do it for people like you, David. I do it to help people who are kind enough to take the time out of their life, to share their expertise with me. It's that simple! Why post two photos taken at a distance, when I can post 10 or 20 close-ups that give you a MUCH better idea of the TRUE condition of the book? People are free to look at as many, or as few photos as they want. So if you only want to look at two of the 25, feel free to do that. I'm simply giving you options. And why this bothers you so much I have no idea.

Everybody is not a comedian, everything you post is not comedy gold, and everyone is not going to think everything you say is hilarious. Especially when there is so much room for PERSONAL interpretation by a reader who is thousands of miles away, who does not have the benefit of knowing you, or your intended tone. It's one of the pitfalls of written communication. So why not just steer clear of anything that might be misinterpreted?

It's unfortunate that this has gone sideways. Hopefully we can now stop talking about the number of photos I post and get back to grading some books.

I'm not here to fight with you or your friends, David. I'm here for the same reason you and everyone else is here: I'm here for the love of comics. And it would be super-awesome if we could stop the shenanigans and get back to that.

Thanks for the comprehensive scans. 6.0.

I used to get dissed in person while buying books by the typical comic book "geek" who worked at the store I bought from. I went in one day and he was sitting there reading as usual with no response from him whatsoever. I plunked the 1st hard cover print of "Batman: Son Of The Demon" down and he gave an exasperated sigh as he had to unglue his butt from his chair. Right before he rang me up, I mentioned I needed a backing board and he went nuts. Stomped to the closet to get one, came back, and rang me up for a dime for the backing board. I stood there for a moment and he gave me a lip curling sneer. Heh. Here's your dime! He took it and threw himself back into his chair and his self absorbed world. Walked out with a backing board and "Son Of The Demon". Little victories. Still have the book 30 years later.