• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it conceivable ...

28 posts in this topic

are you allowed alcohol for your last meal? I'd rather be stone cold drunk when they stick the needle in.

No you are not. The alcohol could cause complications in the bloodstream leading to problems "in the process of dying".

In reality, I'm dying anyways so what does it matter...and I'm drunk to boot so I really don't give a *spoon*!

...to hate all super hero movies and love comics?

I hate them all, I give up and will watch no more. :slapfight:

I do like the non-super Hero movies.

The Road to Perdition was an all time favorite.

I dig older superhero books , golden age thru copper age....newer books are too dumbed down.

That's the problem with superhero movies...they are dumbed down.

Road To Perdition was great....Preacher looks like it will have a similiarly thoughtful vibe to it.Lucifer on FOX is decent, not all that great but definitely watchable.

Ghost World and Art School Confidential were also 5 star flicks, to me.

300 and The Spirit were pretty good as well....but when it comes to costumed superhero flicks...unless Nolan, or someone on his level..is directing the movie, the lot of them are mindless drivel.The phrase , sucks a bag of , fits aptly well.

"Adult oriented" movies and shows like the ones I mentioned, and you like you have mentioned with R.T.P....are pretty much where it's at.

Same thing with comics, as well.At least for the most part.

I never see modern superhero books that have the capacity to move me like Miller's 80's Daredevil work.

I blame the mentality of the people who made Deadpool one of the highest grossing superhero movies....meh.

I'd forgotten 2 Guns was based on a comic book.

It was a surprisingly fun film, basically just an excuse for Marky Mark & Denzel to hang out & banter/insult/outplay each other for a few days.

The finale was well done & it's obvious they (and Bill Paxton) had a blast making it.

I dig older superhero books , golden age thru copper age....newer books are too dumbed down.

Road To Perdition was great....Preacher looks like it will have a similiarly thoughtful vibe to it.Lucifer on FOX is decent, not all that great but definitely watchable.

300 and The Spirit were pretty good as well....but when it comes to costumed superhero flicks...unless Nolan, or someone on his level..is directing the movie, the lot of them are mindless drivel.The phrase , sucks a bag of , fits aptly well.

"Adult oriented" movies and shows like the ones I mentioned, and you like you have mentioned with R.T.P....are pretty much where it's at.

I never see modern superhero books that have the capacity to move me like Miller's 80's Daredevil work.

I blame the mentality of the people who made Deadpool one of the highest grossing superhero movies....meh.

that indicts virtually any opinion you could give. more power to you, but your movie critic card is revoked in my book.

that indicts virtually any opinion you could give. more power to you, but your movie critic card is revoked in my book.

Honestly stopped reading at that point.