• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher #2 - Overlooked on 2 accounts-1st Full App SOK & 1st John Wayne App.

99 posts in this topic

http://m.ebay.com/itm/PREACHER-2-CGC-9-6-SS-SIGNED-BY-GARTH-ENNIS-STEVE-DILLON-1ST-ARSEFACE-/291742783458?nav=SEARCH

Curious to see how this auctions plays out, it has 5 hours left and is a Ennis & Dillon SS.

I think Preacher #2 is undervalued....and no, this isn't my auction, either ;)

Saint Of Killers is only seen on the last page of Preacher #1, and is depicted in the shadows on the second to last page, in one panel.

He's a focal point of the story in Preacher #2, and is also featured on the cover of Preacher #2.

CGC label notes only indicate "Saint Of Killers appearance", which is somewhat vague.

CGC and the other grading firms note Preacher #1 as the Saint's 1st app, which is arguably correct, I suppose but it is a weak 1st appearance.Much more in line with a cameo appearance.

One of the other grading companies label notes currently indicate the same for Preacher #2, although an additional notation of the following is stated.

"1st Appearance Of John Wayne (never named) in title."

Methinks a proposal to CGC to update label notes is in order?

Isn't there a preacher thread you can do this in?

Another pathetic attempt of hyping yet another book he's selling.

Easy, tiger.No call for insults.

If I wanted to hype the book up, I would have not waited til a listing with 5 hours left, to do so.

Regardless of what you say, what I stated above is actual fact, just looking to generate some discussion on the facts.

9.6? Pffffth

Steve Mason needs to be cut!

Neuvirth is the man!

Future looks bright if the Flyers can get some offense.

Vorachek was a major disappointment though.

Neuvirth was amazing, total "stood on his head" cliche.

Every so-called superstar, and guy with a letter on his jersey was invisible the whole series: Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek and especially Streit (he better be gone next year).

They need to make a serious run at signing Stamkos to get a sniper, and get Jagr back to cover the lack of veteran leadership.

The draft picks from the last few years are developing, Konecny is going to be a stud!

9.6? Pffffth

Steve Mason needs to be cut!

Neuvirth is the man!

Future looks bright if the Flyers can get some offense.

Vorachek was a major disappointment though.

Neuvirth was amazing, total "stood on his head" cliche.

Every so-called superstar, and guy with a letter on his jersey was invisible the whole series: Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek and especially Streit (he better be gone next year).

They need to make a serious run at signing Stamkos to get a sniper, and get Jagr back to cover the lack of veteran leadership.

The draft picks from the last few years are developing, Konecny is going to be a stud!

Who is this Konecny guy?

If I wanted to hype the book up, I would have not waited til a listing with 5 hours left, to do so.

Regardless of what you say, what I stated above is actual fact, just looking to generate some discussion on the facts.

What insult?

This is nothing more than a well timed ploy by you to draw attention to this auction with the hope of it getting more action because you also have a 9.6 listed.

We all know you are very concerned with the GPA of books you are selling after you asked for a sale to be removed from GPA. You know, the one that finished well below GPA and you were paid for but conveniently found some cause for concern and canceled the sale.

What insult?

This is nothing more than a well timed ploy by you to draw attention to this auction with the hope of it getting more action because you also have a 9.6 listed.

We all know you are very concerned with the GPA of books you are selling after you asked for a sale to be removed from GPA. You know, the one that finished well below GPA and you were paid for but conveniently found some cause for concern and canceled the sale.

Yikes

Why would he be selling a book that he feels is undervalued?

If you're going to try and hype a book you should probably use a different board name than your eBay seller name.

SOK is in at least 5 pages of issue #1, including a pretty impressive 3/4 splash. He hardly makes a cameo.

If PREACHER #2 has any value it should NOT be based on it being SOK's 1st appearance. 2c

(tsk)

The 6 pages (and 1 little flashback panel) in issue 2 are way more important than the 5 pages in issue 1... right?

What insult?

Yikes... :facepalm:

Again, I was not trying to hype the book.

Looking for discussion on the book, which has yielded that I was WRONG about the Saint Of Killers.

So there, that is all well and good.

If it is an undervalued book, it would be for two reasons:

Preacher has legs.

The book is the 1st app. of the "The Duke" i.e. John Wayne, in the series....basically Custer's Jiminy Cricket.

Not sure if or how that will or would play into the AMC adaptation, though.

Intoanother and MetalPSI.....meeeeh.

Have fun with your conspiracy theories, uploading GIF's, memes and so on.