• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher #2 - Overlooked on 2 accounts-1st Full App SOK & 1st John Wayne App.

99 posts in this topic

Again, I was not trying to hype the book.

Looking for discussion on the book, which has yielded that I was WRONG about the Saint Of Killers.

So there, that is all well and good.

If it is an undervalued book, it would be for two reasons:

Preacher has legs.

The book is the 1st app. of the "The Duke" i.e. John Wayne, in the series....basically Custer's Jiminy Cricket.

Not sure if or how that will or would play into the AMC adaptation, though.

Intoanother and MetalPSI.....meeeeh.

Have fun with your conspiracy theories, uploading GIF's, memes and so on.

Do you have a copy of this for sale? I think it's a fair question that should be straightforward

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREACHER-2-CGC-9-6-NM-1st-App-Saint-Of-Killers-1st-John-Wayne-1st-Arseface-/201559292600?hash=item2eeddebab8:g:49IAAOSwy5ZXCtIi

Holy dude...I don't understand your thought process sometimes. Did you think the board detectives wouldn't call you on this? You literally shoot yourself through the toes over and over

I knew the board detectives would "call me" on the fact that I have a copy listed.I have the same eBay ID as my board name, I am not trying to hide anything.

You started an unnecessary redundant thread to draw attention to a book that you happened to have a copy of for sale. I assume some part of you recognizes that this is at best bad form.

Aggressive behavior.

:whistle:

My behavior?

Yes, it's a not-very-subtle passive/aggressive comment on my part. ;) Your behavior is just fine.

lol- good to see you back buddy

Looking for discussion on the book, which has yielded that I was WRONG about the Saint Of Killers.

Preacher has legs.

The book is the 1st app. of the "The Duke" i.e. John Wayne, in the series....basically Custer's Jiminy Cricket.

Do you have a copy of this for sale? I think it's a fair question that should be straightforward

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREACHER-2-CGC-9-6-NM-1st-App-Saint-Of-Killers-1st-John-Wayne-1st-Arseface-/201559292600?hash=item2eeddebab8:g:49IAAOSwy5ZXCtIi

Well, now that we've cleared up the fact that PREACHER 2 isn't the first appearance of SOK the title of the eBay listing can be amended(corrected) so as not to mislead anyone.

"The Duke" also makes his 1st appearance in PREACHER 1. Sure, his face isn't shown, but then it's not shown ever throughout the series, so that bit in the listing is misleading also. :baiting:

Just did some double checking, the Saint was depicted in 5 pages of Preacher # 1.John Wayne/The Duke is not shown in Preacher #1 (at all).

http://www.readcomics.net/preacher/chapter-1/1

http://www.readcomics.net/preacher/chapter-2

Regarding the Saint:

4 out of the 5 pages ,his face is in shadows.He has a full appearance on the last page, a 3/4 page.

The Saint is shown with his face not in shadows on the first 7 pages of Preacher #2 AND on the front cover

The fact that CGC and CBCS both label Preacher Preview #NN as the 1st cameo app. of the Saint, muddies the waters further.

The first appearance arguement can pretty much go either way, depending on the cameo vs. full appearance semantics.

In any event, I edited my Preacher #2 title listing and removed any reference to the Saint in the description because....well, it can go either way ;)

Regarding John Wayne:

John Wayne's face is never shown and he is never named throughout the whole title, but it is made clear who he is.He makes his first appearance in Preacher #2.

Who he is, is specifically is rammed home without question in Preacher #18.

John Wayne gives every man in Custer's father's platoon a Zippo lighter with "Fuc* Communism" etched onto each one.He is referred to as "The Duke" in #18.

John Wayne is a figment of Jesse Custer's fragmented mind, he is shown as a coping mechanism for Custer, throughout the series.Hence, the reason why his face is not ever shown and he is not named.

I remember this from reading the book, years ago.

As far as John Wayne's first appearance, CBCS label notes on Preacher #2 indicate the following:

"First Appearance Of John Wayne (never named) In Title."

I am sticking with that. (shrug)

Preacher has legs.

Well, now that we've cleared up the fact that PREACHER 2 isn't the first appearance of SOK the title of the eBay listing can be amended(corrected) so as not to mislead anyone.

"The Duke" also makes his 1st appearance in PREACHER 1. Sure, his face isn't shown, but then it's not shown ever throughout the series, so that bit in the listing is misleading also. :baiting:

Just did some double checking, the Saint was depicted in 5 pages of Preacher # 1.John Wayne/The Duke is not shown in Preacher #1 (at all).

Regarding the Saint:

4 out of the 5 pages ,his face is in shadows.He has a full appearance on the last page, a 3/4 page.

The Saint is shown with his face not in shadows on the first 7 pages of Preacher #2 AND on the front cover

The fact that CGC and CBCS both label Preacher Preview #NN as the 1st cameo app. of the Saint, muddies the waters further.

The first appearance arguement can pretty much go either way, depending on the cameo vs. full appearance semantics.

In any event, I edited my Preacher #2 title listing and removed any reference to the Saint in the description because....well, it can go either way ;)

Regarding John Wayne:

John Wayne's face is never shown and he is never named throughout the whole title, but it is made clear who he is.He makes his first appearance in Preacher #2.

John Wayne gives every man in Custer's father's platoon a Zippo lighter with "Fuc* Communism" etched onto each one.He is referred to as "The Duke" in #18.

John Wayne is a figment of Jesse Custer's fragmented mind, he is shown as a coping mechanism for Custer, throughout the series.Hence, the reason why his face is not ever shown and he is not named.

As far as John Wayne's first appearance, CBCS label notes on Preacher #2 indicate the following:

I'm unclear if you're actually looking at the comics or "researching online"

If SOK's 1st appearance can "go either way" depending on the semantics of your viewpoint, in either PREACHER 1 or PREACHER Preview I don't see how there is any grey area about it being in PREACHER 2 (shrug)

My research shows "The Duke" walking with Jesse on page 29 of issue 1 (see attached image). But I like your determination :makepoint:

And, before the point is raised, "The Word" also makes it's first appearance in PREACHER 1

I don't know a whole hell of a lot about most comics, but as someone that has been collecting PREACHER OA for about 20 years now, I think I'm fairly well informed about this series. :acclaim:

161965.jpg.f39be71172db6d5f0a3e768d8d411aa9.jpg

What do ya expect? Seriously. Any post of mine you've taken the time to respond to has been derisive and quite frankly, rude.

So I lurk and come to logical conclusions, kept it to myself till now I can't sit here anymore and just let you wander around in a philosophical haze and let noobs swallow your tripe.

You're a speculator, and not even a good one. Selfish and inconsiderate.

I do not believe you are correct, on any of these three accounts.

I don't think I have been derisive or rude to you, at all.

Heck, I don't get all riled up and start hitting buttons on anyone.Despite your comments towards me, or anyone else's comments towards myself.This is a comic book market message board, I am not here to pile on dude(s) over the internet.

If you felt offended by a post(s) of mine, I apologize. :foryou:

What do ya expect? Seriously. Any post of mine you've taken the time to respond to has been derisive and quite frankly, rude.

So I lurk and come to logical conclusions, kept it to myself till now I can't sit here anymore and just let you wander around in a philosophical haze and let noobs swallow your tripe.

You're a speculator, and not even a good one. Selfish and inconsiderate.

I do not believe you are correct, on any of these three accounts.

I don't think I have been derisive or rude to you, at all.

Heck, I don't get all riled up and start hitting buttons on anyone.Despite your comments towards me, or anyone else's comments towards myself.This is a comic book market message board, I am not here to pile on dude(s) over the internet.

If you felt offended by a post(s) of mine, I apologize. :foryou:

Actually, I am correct. It's my take on what I read, not yours, that counts to me. What YOU think in this instance, doesn't count.

The only thing said above that makes sense is your apology at the end. But you are apologizing without knowing what you are apologizing for.

I'll accept it because I know you cannot fathom your idiocy. I want this convo over.

9.6? Pffffth

Steve Mason needs to be cut!

Neuvirth is the man!

Future looks bright if the Flyers can get some offense.

Vorachek was a major disappointment though.

Neuvirth was amazing, total "stood on his head" cliche.

Every so-called superstar, and guy with a letter on his jersey was invisible the whole series: Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek and especially Streit (he better be gone next year).

They need to make a serious run at signing Stamkos to get a sniper, and get Jagr back to cover the lack of veteran leadership.

The draft picks from the last few years are developing, Konecny is going to be a stud!

Who is this Konecny guy?

Flyers 1st round pick in 2015

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/future-flyers-report-travis-konecny-passes-100-points

Holy effing pitchforks.

No one in this thread has pitchforks out, so your attention seeking response is laughable. It's just a few people who are tired of your behavior. I hope it is not a surprise to you that not everyone can be bought with a Guinness or discounts on books at some convention you are selling at that you won't stop talking about.

I think it is laughable that you, and a handful of other posters, take such issue with me.

You never fail to insinuate that I am not on the level, responding to your posts...along with the others like MetalPSI's is very tiresome.

Just what ends you go to, with your thoughts that I am attempting to "buy people off with Guinness and discounts at shows"....shows that you have some kind of personal issue against me and it is really a grade A pain in the balls to have to defend myself againt these sorts of snide remarks.

Regarding this book, my post in this thread did in fact bring about good discussion, by Mr.NotSoNice and Kimik , which was just what I was after, with starting this thread.

I am all for burying the hatchet and playing nice, if you are :foryou:

Preacher has legs.

Regarding the Saint:

Regarding John Wayne:

I'm unclear if you're actually looking at the comics or "researching online"

If SOK's 1st appearance can "go either way" depending on the semantics of your viewpoint, in either PREACHER 1 or PREACHER Preview I don't see how there is any grey area about it being in PREACHER 2 (shrug)

My research shows "The Duke" walking with Jesse on page 29 of issue 1 (see attached image). But I like your determination :makepoint:

And, before the point is raised, "The Word" also makes it's first appearance in PREACHER 1

I don't know a whole hell of a lot about most comics, but as someone that has been collecting PREACHER OA for about 20 years now, I think I'm fairly well informed about this series. :acclaim:

Cheers for this post.

This is the sort of discussion and why I love this board.

I think that the Saint's app in Preacher 1 and his app in Preacher #2 can both be arguably cited as his first appearance....the Preacher Preview only serves to muddy the waters as it is only a preview of #1.

I do not know if the Saint is depicted in the Preacher Preview, as he is in Preacher #1....even if f the 5 pages from Preacher #1 are shown in Preacher Preview, which seems unlikely as the preview is about a quarter the length of Preacher #1...

Anyway, the CGC label notes refer to the preview as being the 1st cameo apo of the Saint, Jesse, Tulip and Deblanc...with #1 being their 1st full app's.

My point was that a preview may or may not be cinsidered a legit caneo or 1st app....and the fact that the Preview is notated as a 1st cameo app of these characters muddies the waters....

....further, when you add in the fact that the Saint's app's in Preacher #1 and Preacher #2 both have their own merits, to be considered the Saint's first full app, the issue becomes all the more convoluted.

Hence my statement of the Saint's 1st app as being capable of going either way.

John Wayne is shown , in one panel in Preacher #1, I think that qualifies as a cameo app, not a first full app.

FTR, I own 3 raw copies of Preacher #1.

2 copies are dead on 9.8's, which I will be getting slabbed at Wizard Philly.

One copy will probably grade out at a 9.6.

I own 2 copies of Preacher #2, a CGC 9.6 and a raw 9.0...which I need to press to a 9.4 before having it slabbed at Wizard Philly.

I have much more invested, in the sake of dollar return in my 3 Preacher #1's...all of which will be signed/sketched and CGC SS'd...than a Preacher 2 CGC 9.6 and a pressable to CGC 9.4 Preacher #2.

There is literally no reason for me to pump/hype Preacher #2, in favor of Preacher #1.