• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher #2 - Overlooked on 2 accounts-1st Full App SOK & 1st John Wayne App.

99 posts in this topic

FTR, I own 3 raw copies of Preacher #1.

2 copies are dead on 9.8's, which I will be getting slabbed at Wizard Philly.

One copy will probably grade out at a 9.6.

I own 2 copies of Preacher #2, a CGC 9.6 and a raw 9.0...which I need to press to a 9.4 before having it slabbed at Wizard Philly.

I have much more invested, in the sake of dollar return in my 3 Preacher #1's...all of which will be signed/sketched and CGC SS'd...than a Preacher 2 CGC 9.6 and a pressable to CGC 9.4 Preacher #2.

There is literally no reason for me to pump/hype Preacher #2, in favor of Preacher #1.

Other than the fact that Preacher #1 sells itself. Preacher #2, maybe not so much.

No 9.9's this time around?

Sadly, I have no 9.9 Preacher candidates :sorry: but, I still heart you :foryou:

Oh yeah, where's my money for those 9.9 Dr. Strange books? Can you get those slabbed at WW Philly, too, so I can check this debt off my list?

I would be happy to oblige any such request for Wizard Philly subs, I will see what I can do on those Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme #1 9.9...cough cough, 9.8, that is.....candidates.

For any other specific CAK submission requests t and other convention opportunities, I would refer both of you fine gentleman to my post here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=9313552&Searchpage=1&Main=407316&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post9313552

Holy effing pitchforks.

No one in this thread has pitchforks out, so your attention seeking response is laughable. It's just a few people who are tired of your behavior. I hope it is not a surprise to you that not everyone can be bought with a Guinness or discounts on books at some convention you are selling at that you won't stop talking about.

I think it is laughable that you, and a handful of other posters, take such issue with me.

You never fail to insinuate that I am not on the level, responding to your posts...along with the others like MetalPSI's is very tiresome.

Just what ends you go to, with your thoughts that I am attempting to "buy people off with Guinness and discounts at shows"....shows that you have some kind of personal issue against me and it is really a grade A pain in the balls to have to defend myself againt these sorts of snide remarks.

Regarding this book, my post in this thread did in fact bring about good discussion, by Mr.NotSoNice and Kimik , which was just what I was after, with starting this thread.

I am all for burying the hatchet and playing nice, if you are :foryou:

Then delete the thread.

FTR, I own 3 raw copies of Preacher #1.

2 copies are dead on 9.8's, which I will be getting slabbed at Wizard Philly.

One copy will probably grade out at a 9.6.

I own 2 copies of Preacher #2, a CGC 9.6 and a raw 9.0...which I need to press to a 9.4 before having it slabbed at Wizard Philly.

I have much more invested, in the sake of dollar return in my 3 Preacher #1's...all of which will be signed/sketched and CGC SS'd...than a Preacher 2 CGC 9.6 and a pressable to CGC 9.4 Preacher #2.

There is literally no reason for me to pump/hype Preacher #2, in favor of Preacher #1.

Other than the fact that Preacher #1 sells itself. Preacher #2, maybe not so much.

Of course Preacher #1 sells itself, it's the 1st App. of Jesse Custer. Preacher #1 CGC 9.8 last sold for $960.

Preacher #2 actually sells at the common rate of what second issues generally sell for, which is about 25% of a first issue.

If you look at the low and high end of CGC graded Preacher #2's in sales listed for this past month , a Preacher #2 CGC 9.0 sold for $100 with a Preacher #2 CGC 9.8 sold at $280.

All of the listed 9.6's were snapped up via BIN after the Tulip trailer aired a week or 2 back, at around $135.

Now, there are only 2 Preacher #2 CGC 9.6's listed...my copy and some super jacked up price via what can only be a consignment via MCS, at $280.

With only 2 CGC 9.6's listed with MCS's 9.6 at $280, the odds are that my copy will find a home soon enough, regardless of this thread existing or not.

Taking away any of the appeal of Preacher #1 and highlighting Preacher #2 would not be a prime play, on my part.........when I will be getting all 3 of my #1's CGC SS'd..........2 of which will be double signed which will run me $125+ per book in signature & CGC witness fees.....

....... and that $125 does not include CGC grading fees.

Holy effing pitchforks.

No one in this thread has pitchforks out, so your attention seeking response is laughable. It's just a few people who are tired of your behavior. I hope it is not a surprise to you that not everyone can be bought with a Guinness or discounts on books at some convention you are selling at that you won't stop talking about.

I think it is laughable that you, and a handful of other posters, take such issue with me.

You never fail to insinuate that I am not on the level, responding to your posts...along with the others like MetalPSI's is very tiresome.

Just what ends you go to, with your thoughts that I am attempting to "buy people off with Guinness and discounts at shows"....shows that you have some kind of personal issue against me and it is really a grade A pain in the balls to have to defend myself againt these sorts of snide remarks.

Regarding this book, my post in this thread did in fact bring about good discussion, by Mr.NotSoNice and Kimik , which was just what I was after, with starting this thread.

Then delete the thread.

If that would work, I am ALL FOR DELETING THIS THREAD.

It would take a mod to actually deleted this thread, I can only delete my posts in this thread.

If deleting this thread will in fact bury the hatchet, which would be up to Intoanother & MetalPSI, then I will gladly PM a mod and ask for this thread to be deleted.

Oh yeah, where's my money for those 9.9 Dr. Strange books? Can you get those slabbed at WW Philly, too, so I can check this debt off my list?

I would be happy to oblige any such request for Wizard Philly subs, I will see what I can do on those Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme #1 9.9...cough cough, 9.8, that is.....candidates.

Huh?

Does this mean those 2 9.9 copies aren't really 9.9? Does that mean I get the $100 anyway?

Or are you backtracking on this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8292381#Post8292381

Huh?

Does this mean those 2 9.9 copies aren't really 9.9? Does that mean I get the $100 anyway?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8292381#Post8292381

That means those 2 copies are raw copies.

They are not 9.9 or 9.8's intil they are slabbed.

Holy effing pitchforks.

Then delete the thread.

You all need to take it to PMs. This constant off-topic derailing is annoying for those of us who want to talk about Preacher #2 and whose first appearance(s) it contains.

:popcorn:

Huh?

So get them slabbed. Why drag your feet?

Dr. Strange is hot and 9.9's will bring in tons of dough!!!!

Huh?

So get them slabbed. Why drag your feet?

Dr. Strange is hot and 9.9's will bring in tons of dough!!!!

It was four copies, at least 2 9.9s. And I am in for a hundy on that. Worst bet ever. If I get the $100, I am going to laminate it, and then sheath it in Mylar with 5 E. Gerber fullbacks and hang it over my front door like a good luck totem.

Holy effing pitchforks.

Review:

"Here are just a few things you have done that illustrate that it is no conspiracy; Hype books you are selling in one way or another, fish for clients to provide pressing services for in the PGM threads, repeatedly advertised eBay sales in the wrong place, and post links in the PGM for books you already assigned a grade to yourself and had listed on eBay!

That is just a few things you have done to seek increased profits off the top of my head. I'm sure others can provide several more detailed examples as well. Oh, and don't bother attempting to point out how great of a thing you did for Wounded Warriors. It was very clear knowing your history that you felt backed into a corner and out of your need to be liked gave the canceled sale book away."

Response: I suggest you take a close look at the behaviors being pointed out to you. These behaviors are continuously pointed out to you because they are not welcomed. All of the energy you waste on responding to these posts can be avoided in the future if your behavior changes.

If you are going to sell a book, then sell the book. If you are going to set up at a convention, then set up at a convention. You won't find the respected boardies known for pressing trolling for business in PGM threads. Nor will you find the respected dealers talking about how many copies of some "hot" book they have and plan to sell in an appreciation thread. If we want to hear about it we know where to look. It is extremely selfish to take away some of the joy people find on the boards because you are hoping to increase sales.

I am not burying any hatchets. I do hope though you take this post to heart and it inspires the change so many of us want to see. If you do not change the behaviors that have been pointed out, then by all means expect to continue being called out.