• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey 86 : Your thoughts?

41 posts in this topic

9.4, unless that is dust/sun shadow on the upper part of the right side, which in case i would say 9.0?

did you really need a grade on this one or are you showing off? nice book either way

It is a light dust shadow, and I dont really have anything to show off compared to other books that have been posted here,

I am just very small fry in this hobby hi.gif

It is a light dust shadow, and I dont really have anything to show off compared to other books that have been posted here,

oh, no offense intended, i kid. sorry, i forget i'm still a n00b around here

Don't let him fool you . . . he's a BSD 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

9.2. 9.0 would be worst case scenario. Nice book! That's one of the books that I hoard. devil.gif

Why?

Try to find one in high grade -- none of the major dealers ever have a copy in 9.2 or better. Then if you CAN find one, try to buy it at anything approaching a reasonable multiple of guide. confused-smiley-013.gif Doug's 9.6 copy sold for 15X guide before it ever even hit his site, and a 9.4 sold for $614 recently -- more than 6X the NEW guide price before the new guide even came out. Another 9.4 copy sold on ebay for $200 within 24 hours of the 9.4 copy that went for $614, but that was an anomaly caused by the fact that the auction was one of those weird "Ebay Live" auctions that you have to pre-register for and despite three tries, I couldn't get the registration to work so my much higher bid was never accepted. frustrated.gif

ASM#86 is one of the few issues in that time frame that to my knowledge was not included in any of the big warehouse finds and it is the origin and revamping of one of the upcoming characters in the Marvel Universe who has a movie deal where the movie is in active development. I am not the only person who is hoarding that issue.

You Black Widow freak, you! stooges.gif

gossip.gifhey, where's your reply to my last e-mail? confused-smiley-013.gif

The one where you offered me the paltry sum of $22 for my AT#12 VF+ 8.5? I responded as soon as I got it.

Perhaps you forgot to send it? And VF+ with a 1/4" tear to the back cover? I thought I was being reasonable (insert dirty laundry emoticon here) 27_laughing.gif

Take it up with Bob Storms. He graded it.

Also, you should note that under your accretive grading scale, the book has at least "9 points of gloss." Take off .5 for the small tear on the back cover and you get an 8.5. poke2.gif

Perhaps you forgot to send it? And VF+ with a 1/4" tear to the back cover? I thought I was being reasonable (insert dirty laundry emoticon here) 27_laughing.gif

Also, you should note that under your accretive grading scale, the book has at least "9 points of gloss." Take off .5 for the small tear on the back cover and you get an 8.5. poke2.gif

foreheadslap.gifWhat was I thinkin' 27_laughing.gif

Don't know Bob, but you've only said nice things about him . . .

The TOS#52 that I bought from Burntboy has several small tears along the top edge of the front cover (at least one of which is 1/4") and just slabbed out at 8.5. I don't think a single 1/4" tear would drop the book out of 8.5. confused-smiley-013.gif

The TOS#52 that I bought from Burntboy has several small tears along the top edge of the front cover (at least one of which is 1/4") and just slabbed out at 8.5. I don't think a single 1/4" tear would drop the book out of 8.5. confused-smiley-013.gif

For a mid-Bronze Age book it would IMHO 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For a mid-Bronze Age book it would IMHO 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well in that case, your FF#112 is DEFINITELY not an 8.0. 27_laughing.gif

Also, AT#12 is not "early bronze age" either. BA goes until 1984.