• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocking !!! IMO

25 posts in this topic

Actually, Wizard (insane.gif) guides a 9.8 copy of #87 at $220. Maybe it's not so shocking?

Why do you continue to refer to Wizard prices? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Didn't you see the "insane.gif." I buy Wizard every month and still check the prices jsut to see what they say. Generally, most of the prices in their CGC graded price guide are fairly accurate compared to eBay sells. Most, not all, but most.

Actually, Wizard (insane.gif) guides a 9.8 copy of #87 at $220. Maybe it's not so shocking?

Didn't you see the "insane.gif." I buy Wizard every month and still check the prices jsut to see what they say. Generally, most of the prices in their CGC graded price guide are fairly accurate compared to eBay sells. Most, not all, but most.

I buy Wizard occasionally, but I never, ever even look at their price section. They don't use any sales data for them, they base them on their own opinions.

I buy Wizard occasionally, but I never, ever even look at their price section. They don't use any sales data for them, they base them on their own opinions.

IYO. I mean, obviously I can tell their prices are way off for some books, especially moderns which go up in value WAY too fast. But I still look anyway. makepoint.gif

But, IMO, it's still a good tool for silver age books.

Look at ASM #1 for example. $32,500 in OS, $32,000 in Wizard.