• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Value do you list when submitting a Comic for Grading

38 posts in this topic

Yeah definately stick around, this is a great place for information and thoughts(most of the time crazy.gif).

Remember, thick skin and a sense of humor goes a long away.

Wlcome to the boards. smile.gif

Is there an acronym bible handy. I’m at a loss for some of them. IMHO? PLOD’s? I’ve got OS and OSPG now but I’m sure to be lost again. Gotta develope a sig

Clare

There should be, but here are a few threads to get you started. hi.gif

Glossary of Terms 27_laughing.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=707523&page=&fpart=all&vc=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=438733&page=&fpart=all&vc=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=298406&page=&fpart=all&vc=1

Skybolt

No I didn't. I used to keep them stacked under my bed. Still remember stacking them up to see if the pile was as high as I was tall. What really got me hooked on comics was when Stan the man made his titles like soap operas. I remember waiting very impatiently for the next months issues. Some of my favorites were Tales to Astonish and Spider-man. TTA issue that stands out in my memory was when the Hulk was fighting against the pink humanoid hoards which started somewhere around #63,64. But the absolutely best suspenseful wait was in SM 32 and 33

Clare

While I appriciate all the help in advising me in the proper way to proclaim value, by using OS instead of Slabbed value. Unless a person wants to insure to a higher value.I didn't really appriciate being laughed at though..

Thanks from the newbie on the block that won't go out on a limb by stating an estimated grading again.

Nuff said

I was not laughing at you. I was laughing at my own marginal cleverness in using an alternate meaning for NM -- "Not Mint."

If I don't laugh at my own jokes, no one will. confused-smiley-013.gif

So please don't take my comments personally. flowerred.gif

Clare, here is some advice about posting on these boards:

1.) If you ever go into a thread and see a whole bunch of graemlins posted for 3 consecutive pages, don't be too concerned, all that means is that it's been hi-jacked by "deathlok" and "Greggy". devil.gif

2.) Be careful in mentioning the word press or pressing at any time. I don't care if you're talking about ironing your shirts...... expect a 3 paragraph response from Mark (esquirecomics) on the subject with a lot legal jargon. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. 893naughty-thumb.gif

3.) If you ever want a person named Ian Levine to post anything on your thread, just mention the words New Adventure Comics #26, Superman/Bradman or talk about how 400 books are excluded from the OS guide. It's like rubbing a magic genie lamp.... it works every time. laugh.gif

4.) Be sure to do a spell check before posting. Otherwise, our resident expert spell checker Norrin Radd will catch you in the act. Just make sure all your t's are crossed and all your i's dotted.

5.) If you ever see the words "shill", "SCS", "NDP".......don't ask any questions, just run....... run like hell.

6.) If you ever want to irritate a guy with a mustache and beard, just mention how obsolete the OS guide has become. Plus, only concentrate on it's deficiencies and not it's stong points. You may even want to mention the irrelevancy of the Victorian section within the guide if you want.

7.) Whatever you do don't mention Blue Beetle #54. Otherwise, expect a long drawn-out story from me telling you how and when I purchased my copy. Same thing with X-Men #101 in CGC 9.4 condition. I must have repeated my stories 20 times over on these boards.

Once you've mastered these 7 simple steps, everything will fall right into place. cool.gif

While I appriciate all the help in advising me in the proper way to proclaim value, by using OS instead of Slabbed value. Unless a person wants to insure to a higher value.I didn't really appriciate being laughed at though..

Thanks from the newbie on the block that won't go out on a limb by stating an estimated grading again.

Nuff said

I was not laughing at you. I was laughing at my own marginal cleverness in using an alternate meaning for NM -- "Not Mint."

Got that right devil.gif

LOLoud, I'm confused on some of those references but I'm sure I will find out over time. I'm watering my body in hope of growing a thick skin. and I just read a copy of Not Brand Echh to build a retort of idioisim's. BTW Norin I choreographed that word myself so I declare the spelling correct.

Nuff said

What he said . . . sumo.gif

hi.gifWELCOME! you nefarious Clare you! 893applaud-thumb.gif

gossip.gifis Clare a boy's name or a girl's name gossip.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Clare, here is some advice about posting on these boards:

1.) If you ever go into a thread and see a whole bunch of graemlins posted for 3 consecutive pages, don't be too concerned, all that means is that it's been hi-jacked by "deathlok" and "Greggy". devil.gif

2.) Be careful in mentioning the word press or pressing at any time. I don't care if you're talking about ironing your shirts...... expect a 3 paragraph response from Mark (esquirecomics) on the subject with a lot legal jargon. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. 893naughty-thumb.gif

3.) If you ever want a person named Ian Levine to post anything on your thread, just mention the words New Adventure Comics #26, Superman/Bradman or talk about how 400 books are excluded from the OS guide. It's like rubbing a magic genie lamp.... it works every time. laugh.gif

4.) Be sure to do a spell check before posting. Otherwise, our resident expert spell checker Norrin Radd will catch you in the act. Just make sure all your t's are crossed and all your i's dotted.

5.) If you ever see the words "shill", "SCS", "NDP".......don't ask any questions, just run....... run like hell.

6.) If you ever want to irritate a guy with a mustache and beard, just mention how obsolete the OS guide has become. Plus, only concentrate on it's deficiencies and not it's stong points. You may even want to mention the irrelevancy of the Victorian section within the guide if you want.

7.) Whatever you do don't mention Blue Beetle #54. Otherwise, expect a long drawn-out story from me telling you how and when I purchased my copy. Same thing with X-Men #101 in CGC 9.4 condition. I must have repeated my stories 20 times over on these boards.

Once you've mastered these 7 simple steps, everything will fall right into place. cool.gif

Scroo spelckeck makepoint.gif