• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Purposely Avoid Surfing Ebay to Save Money?

28 posts in this topic

I am hopelessly addicted. Seriously. Quitting smoking was easier than stopping my eBay fixes. tonofbricks.gif

Yep, Ebay is clinically addictive in a similar way to gambling. How long before Ebay Anonymous counselling groups spring up? crazy.gif

I can send you a 12-step pamphlet on Compulsive Spending if you want. And I'm not kidding. Ebay fits right into it.

Thanks for the offer, but I think my habit will die as soon as I graduate and start working at a firm (I hope). If I still have my little problem in 6 months I will be shooting you a PM. blush.gif

Ebay has taken the fun out of collecting. I can find just about anything I'm looking for. Before ebay I'd have to search forever. Possibably never even find an item. Now at the click of a button there it is. So is having ebay better? Yes it is. But its taken out the fun of the search.

Kind of kills the thrill of the hunt.

So I started not searching ebay as offen and started looking elsewere.

Ebay has taken the fun out of collecting. I can find just about anything I'm looking for. Before ebay I'd have to search forever. Possibably never even find an item. Now at the click of a button there it is. So is having ebay better? Yes it is. But its taken out the fun of the search.

Kind of kills the thrill of the hunt.

So I started not searching ebay as offen and started looking elsewere.

I can see how you would feel this way. I avoid this by putting myself on a strict budget. For example, I am currently looking for a copy of Spotlight 2. Is it easy to find on eBay? Yes. Is it easy to find a 7.5 or better copy for under $40? No. That's what I am willing to pay and as long as I stick to that price the hunt becomes pretty thrilling.