• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Removing comic stickers/ digital redemption question

6 posts in this topic

All the modern Marvel comics now as you know come with a digital code to redeem online. Ive only redeemed a handful of comics, but wondered if by taking off the sticker will it ruin the overall appeal and value of a comic? I read on another comic forum that if it were to be graded the best it would get would be a CGC green label. Anyone have any first hand experience dealing with this?

Isn't a book best left exactly as it appeared on the stand?

I don't see how it would get a green label.

Oh yeah I misunderstood-if you remove the sticker I can see it getting a green label. I'd leave the sticker.

CGC will not downgrade a book below 9.8 for the label being removed from the digital code, but it will always be noted on the CGC label itself that it has been removed.

"Digital code label removed"

or

"Manufactured without peel apart sticker for digital download."

are notations you may already have seen on some CGC labels out there.

If the sticker and label are both present as they should be, no special notation is made on the CGC label.

CGCmod4 posted on 11-09-05

CGC will not downgrade a book below 9.8 for the label being removed from the digital code, but it will always be noted on the CGC label itself that it has been removed.

"Digital code label removed"

or

"Manufactured without peel apart sticker for digital download."

are notations you may already have seen on some CGC labels out there.

If the sticker and label are both present as they should be, no special notation is made on the CGC label.

CGCmod4 posted on 11-09-05

Oh ok. come to think of it I have seen that notation in the past, but only on blue labels. Cool, thanks for clearing that up. (thumbs u