• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help finding 80's comic

28 posts in this topic

I cannot believe Rich Buckler actually had a multi-decade long career as a comic illustrator.

No kidding. :tonofbricks:

Ahem, look at early Greg Capullo on Spawn...talk about a guy that learned on the job!

His work on Quasar before that was quite nice, clearly talented.

I cannot believe Rich Buckler actually had a multi-decade long career as a comic illustrator.

No kidding. :tonofbricks:

His early work is awful and he did get better. With the right inker though, his stuff looked okay.

And with the right Kirby or Adams 'reference material'.

lol Yeah, that too

Buckler! No Swiping!

E0cIh-.gif

Back in the late '90s on ebay I sold a copy of Reagan's Raiders #1 to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. I still have the check receipt stub around somewhere

So not from the greatest Ronald Reagan comic book series - ever?

710087.jpg

Where's Bonzo? Actually, this brings to mind the animated shorts (cartoons) on Saturday Night Live which went by Ex-Presidents, or something? It may have included Clinton? Jimmy Carter, Bush Sr., were there.... And it had production values along the lines of Word Girl.....

In answer to the OP.

I believe that you are looking for a New Universe Book called " the Draft".

Yes, that's the book. I know because I just grabbed the copy that's been sitting in my $1 boxes for the last 9 years and actually read it.

The New Universe sucked but they really tried to make it work starting with this series.

Which is why nobody knew the answer. Nobody has ever read the damn thing. lol

hm

:pullhair:

had a few too many of his namesake apparently

Other than the people being called paranormals rather than mutants and his stubby fingers being unable to reach past the "i" key to the "o" key multiple times, it was actually a pretty good description.

In answer to the OP.

I believe that you are looking for a New Universe Book called " the Draft".

Yes, that's the book. I know because I just grabbed the copy that's been sitting in my $1 boxes for the last 9 years and actually read it.

The New Universe sucked but they really tried to make it work starting with this series.

Which is why nobody knew the answer. Nobody has ever read the damn thing. lol

There are some parallels between New Universe and the original Valiant. Similiarities in the titles, but also in that it was the "world outside your window" to begin with, and the real-time progression. Shooter got a second attempt to do what he wanted after getting the boot from Marvel. Maybe that's why Defiant was so much not the "world outside your window"; Shooter didn't want to lose out a third time?