• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Key Marvel Age issues

44 posts in this topic

I think in Marvel Age 29 there is a black and white sketch page of designs for Longshot. Similar to the sketch page that featured Cable later on.

I, personally, would rather have Longshot #1 as a first appearance.

There was a preview of the Longshot mini-series in an issue of Amazing Heroes 18 months before Marvel's preview. I pulled the issue to verify.

18 months? I knew Adams was slow, but :o

I think in Marvel Age 29 there is a black and white sketch page of designs for Longshot. Similar to the sketch page that featured Cable later on.

I, personally, would rather have Longshot #1 as a first appearance.

There was a preview of the Longshot mini-series in an issue of Amazing Heroes 18 months before Marvel's preview. I pulled the issue to verify.

18 months? I knew Adams was slow, but :o

For fun, look at the dates of the covers that Adams gave in the artwork, then look at the publication date, particularly #2.

:D

There are several issues, but even non keys sell well now.

Ive literally bought 100s of MA books the last couple of years for a $1 or less and sold them for $10-30 its one of the most profitable areas for me.

There are still several that aren't keys yet that will be. With this new breed of collector the 1st app has been turned on its ears.

Did you sell any issues other than 12, 25, 82, 97, 100, 138, or Annual 4 for over $10?

As for undiscovered keys, many currently popular characters (Gambit, Deadpool, Carnage) did not receive a Marvel Age push. I love the thought of the annuals becoming more sought after books, but they are easy to overlook.

I have sold dozens of copies of MA 12 in the last year or two.with I think my highest being $30 at one point for NM+ copy a year or two ago. I love the book I never pass on it for under $10 in high grade. I still think this book is undervalued compared to all the others because of what if offers instead of a glimpse it gives you sketches, designs and the thought process behind it.

MA 97 pulled $15-25 for quite a while unsure what it sells for today in NM.

MA 138 I struggle to find for some reason end of run I guess.

MA100 sells okay for me, but around $10 book in NM, but I struggle to find NM.

MA82 I have never sold just because I usually didn't buy this issue.

MA Annual 4 - I just started finding nice copies, but no sales yet.

MA 25 - I sold several copies for $8-15 when RR was hot.

And here I thought #132 was the last issue . . . hm I see that it goes through #140.