• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Victor Fox/All Top Comics Dimensions Question

2 posts in this topic

I've heard that comics published by Victor Fox were often cheaply printed and riddled with bindery defects. I'm looking at a copy of All Top #12 that is as tall as most Golden Age books, but is only as wide as a Silver Age book.

Those of you with Fox comics in your collection, is there a natural variance in size from one copy of All Top to the next?

The only two complete issues of All-Top I have are 15 and 17; they're normal width for around that time (I compared them to a St. John I had handy). My incomplete 16 (it's rebound in a giant) and the giants in general are narrower.

If you're worried about trimming I would suggest comparing to some of the covers on Heritage, there seems to be some fairly significant variation in width there. On some of them the grey of the upper smoke plume goes all the way to the edge, on others there is a fair bit of yellow between the grey and the edge of the book.