• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Groot executed in Nice Guys movie?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone else see this movie? I give it 2 thumbs up. I found myself laughing out loud constantly (and I am not a "laugh out loud" kind of guy).

It may not have been "Groot" but there's a funny "living Tree" moment in the movie.

Really well scripted movie with smart dialogue. Good acting too.

If you like THE NICE GUYS, see KISS KISS BANG BANG.

Same writer, same director, same story (mostly), but better.

+1, hard to believe this was the same guy responsible for the IM3 turdfest. the Abbott & Costello homage in Nice Guys was a favorite of mine

Last Action Hero aside, I've never seen a Shane Black movie I didn't love.

Lethal Weapon, Long Kiss Goodnight, The Last Boycott, and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang were stone cold classics, and Iron Man 3 was a pleasant surprise after Iron Man 2, esp. with the Mandarin twist.

Last Action Hero aside, I've never seen a Shane Black movie I didn't love.

Lethal Weapon, Long Kiss Goodnight, The Last Boycott, and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang were stone cold classics, and Iron Man 3 was a pleasant surprise after Iron Man 2, esp. with the Mandarin twist.

This.

It's a shame he lost control of Lethal Weapon 2.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was the last great Val Kilmer movie (I just re-watched Thunderheart last night.)

I _love_ Thunderheart. But nothing beats his Doc Holliday.

I'd love to see Kilmer lose the weight and mount a Costner-style comeback.

That would be friggin' fantastical. (thumbs u

Besides his popular movies, I can still watch his smaller ones like "Kill Me Again", "Spartan" and "The Salton Sea" over and over again.

He needs a John Travolta comeback.