• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 CGC NG ComicConnect how much will it go for?

67 posts in this topic

I don't think it will hit $50K.

I hope you got it to complete your run?

Thanks Hulk, but it was not me.

I was in the running until the last few minutes, but then bowed out.

It was just too much to spend on a book that would not completely satisfy me (being incomplete).

I was higher bidder more than once tonight, and for a few minutes I thought I might finally finish the run, but it was not meant to be.

It was just too much to spend on a book that would not completely satisfy me (being incomplete).

I was higher bidder more than once tonight, and for a few minutes I thought I might finally finish the run, but it was not meant to be.

That's to bad I mean even a restored CGC 2.0 will cost you big money!!

Hudson you are lucky that you lost that bid. I put together that you have a nice run of Actions but that book was not worth finishing the run. ( IMO ) I sold my Action 2 and 7 both for under 10k in 2008 or sometime around there. I want them back bad cant find any early Actions under 10 at a good price. Restored is fine poor beat but NO part of a front cover just dont complete a run ( IMO ) (shrug)

Hudson you are lucky that you lost that bid. I put together that you have a nice run of Actions but that book was not worth finishing the run. ( IMO ) I sold my Action 2 and 7 both for under 10k in 2008 or sometime around there. I want them back bad cant find any early Actions under 10 at a good price. Restored is fine poor beat but NO part of a front cover just dont complete a run ( IMO ) (shrug)

That is kind of how I felt. It would not TRULY complete the run (of over 900+ issues).

I have always insisted on complete books (cover and all). I thought if the price was decent enough, however, I would "settle" and hope for something better in the future. To drop around 40K, however, just to settle, just did not sit well with me.

It is sad that you sold off Action #2 and #7. Action #2 is one of my all time favorite covers. It was the first single digit Action I ever owned. As for #7, that has just gone crazy lately.

You, however, have an awesome Detective collection. As I recall, you tried to sell your #27 a few years back and it did not meet reserve. Guess you got lucky there. Detectives are great books and yours are in nice shape.

In the end I am thankful for the collection I have acquired over the years. If I am blessed enough to one day add the final piece to the Action run then so be it. If not, then when I die, perhaps my books will go to filling the wholes in some other collector's collection.

I appreciate the support from various board members who informed me this copy was up for auction and who cheered me on along the way. This board is full of awesome people!!!!!!

Hey ? . If you won the bid and completed your run than i might have got some of your books off you since that would be the end of the journey lol I still would like some of your doubles it would help you with that #1 (worship) I did get luckey that only my Cap 1 unrestored VG Action 2 and 7 Sup 1 missing back cover 5 copys of fantasy 15 and FF 1s and books i cant recall at the moment all went cheap :makepoint: Great luck getting your Action #1 and the journey lives on (thumbs u

Oh Action 2 was the first single digit Action i got also. Any extras Hudson :headbang: