• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to Golden Age - Need some Batman Pointers

27 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the help guys - love this forum!

I am going to focus on a Batman 4 and Action 29 for now and then move onto saving for a Tec 168 or Action 23 (a couple of personal grails).

Sorry - one more question - I typically avoid (1) rusted staples, (2) tape, and (3) writing on the book, when purchasing Silver Age keys. SHould I relax this standard somewhat with golden age key books (I would not relax on the rusty staples, but should I consider relaxing on the tape issue?)?

I definately think standards get loosen unless got endless wallet. A lot more scarcity and a lot more minor flaws on the few out there. These choices of what you find acceptable will come forward in time.

I use to be hands down against any purple label restoration book. But after time I am fine with minor color touch, glue, and even just recently tear seals. But for me, I can't stand pieces added. We all have personally preferences and whatever you feel comfortable with. Most like Ankur mention won't touch brittle pages, just too much risk. Not saying I don't own a book or maybe two, but it's something a lot of collectors try to avoid. Last point, writing on book like intials and name written small I think grows on people like myself, it's how far these have come since a kid bought it for a dime 75 years ago.

But like always with collecting, get what you enjoy and you can't go wrong

Minor tape is ok with me. I don't like tape on the entire spine or other large areas.

The only other defect I avoid completely is brittle pages.

I avoid trimmed, badly rusted staples, and brittle but I'll take glue, tape, minor color touch, etc. It just depends upon the book and how scarce and expensive its higher grades are. :)

Minor tape is ok with me. I don't like tape on the entire spine or other large areas.

The only other defect I avoid completely is brittle pages.

I avoid trimmed, badly rusted staples, and brittle but I'll take glue, tape, minor color touch, etc. It just depends upon the book and how scarce and expensive its higher grades are. :)

Unless its All Select, than perfection or bust for Badger :headbang: