• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAF Inquiries - best way to respond?

45 posts in this topic

I've never had a request for my art. I'm starting to feel unloved. :)

I've also only had a few myself.

Not asking for any, mind you, but does make me wonder what the Rest Of The Hobby is wringing their hands about....

One of the few benefits of being a niche collector, I suppose.

Exactly, Andrew. My favorites have never been the big names and my most recent pickups while cool to me are all from little known books like Autumnlands, Plutona, Plus Ultra, The Adventures of Superhero Girl, and even The Stuff of Legends.

They are terrific tales well told, but not hugely popular for whatever reason.

On the flip side, it makes the art affordable. :)

I've never had a request for my art. I'm starting to feel unloved. :)

I've received only one inquiry for my art.

And believe it or not, it was for the very cheapest piece in my collection: A watercolor drawing I paid 25 euros (I actually have a few of those, but nothing cheaper in my collection except for free sketches in books).

The inquiry message just asked if I would sell it and didn't include an offer.

But even at double or triple FMV, I wouldn't have been interested in selling (I like the piece and wouldn't part with it for a mere few dozens dollars of benefit), and if I had asked more than that I would have felt like ripping him off and taking advantage of someone who was obviously new to the hobby. So I just told him it was not for sale, gave him the link to the artist website, and told him I would keep his contact info in case I change my mind someday.

If it makes you feel any better, I can send you some inquiries about your pieces :grin:

I actually like a lot your collection, as it contains original non-mainstream comics, and thus allows me to discover new (to me) series I would likely not know otherwise (the latest one being the adventures of Superhero girl. Too bad the author seems to have given up on it).

If it makes you feel any better, I can send you some inquiries about your pieces :grin:

I actually like a lot your collection, as it contains original non-mainstream comics, and thus allows me to discover new (to me) series I would likely not know otherwise (the latest one being the adventures of Superhero girl. Too bad the author seems to have given up on it).

Thanks, Eltanin. My collection is a black hole. Heck, I have the first comic I ever read. My kids will be sad when I pass though not for just the normal reasons. :)

I read lots of strange books. You should see my pull list.

I really enjoyed The Adventures of Superhero Girl and I do wish Faith would do more, but ...