• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Scooby Doo in comics?

48 posts in this topic

How about nothing? Does nothing work for you? :grin:

How about "House ad featuring Wolverine. Pre-dates Wolverine's first appearance in Hulk 180" ?

:facepalm: You irreverent (censored) clown!

How about "House ad featuring Wolverine. Pre-dates Wolverine's first appearance in Hulk 180" ?

How about "House ad for Incredible Hulk 181, promoting the debut of Wolverine. Doesn't predate Wolverine's first appearance in Incredible Hulk 180, so even if ads were considered to be appearances, which they definitely are not, it wouldn't be the first appearance of Wolverine." ?

Or just nothing. Nothing works for me.

:facepalm: You irreverent (censored) clown!

How about, "we're now going to mention that this ad predates Scooby Doo 1 and therefore is the true first appearance. Now, everyone promote it as such on ebay and watch the $$$$$$ roll in"

Saw this in a DC Sugar and Spike 86 from Nov 1969

Predates Scooby Doo 1 which was March 1970

No doubt it is only a marginal "1st appearance" as an ad but I thought it was still pretty cool in a Marvel Age sort of way. All the characters are basically in comic book character form, not some head shots or title only etc. Though I do think Scooby is a bit mis quoted as he would never say "Wow is it ever a gas" More like " Rowrer Shraggy, rris rit rever a Rraasss!"

With Scooby Doo 1 getting $100 in low grade I thought it pretty cool.

If it's only in Sugar and Spike that might make a difference too since it's a lower print run.

I checked an Adventure 386 (Nov 1969) and the interior ad was for ABC cartoons and not CBS. I wonder which other issues might have the CBS w Scooby Doo ad.

Not every day you discover something new in 50 year old comics. It was new to me at least.

img367.jpg

sigh, never should have sold my CGC 9.2 old label. :tonofbricks:

Saw this in a DC Sugar and Spike 86 from Nov 1969

Predates Scooby Doo 1 which was March 1970

No doubt it is only a marginal "1st appearance" as an ad but I thought it was still pretty cool in a Marvel Age sort of way. All the characters are basically in comic book character form, not some head shots or title only etc. Though I do think Scooby is a bit mis quoted as he would never say "Wow is it ever a gas" More like " Rowrer Shraggy, rris rit rever a Rraasss!"

With Scooby Doo 1 getting $100 in low grade I thought it pretty cool.

If it's only in Sugar and Spike that might make a difference too since it's a lower print run.

I checked an Adventure 386 (Nov 1969) and the interior ad was for ABC cartoons and not CBS. I wonder which other issues might have the CBS w Scooby Doo ad.

Not every day you discover something new in 50 year old comics. It was new to me at least.

img367.jpg

sigh, never should have sold my CGC 9.2 old label. :tonofbricks:

Scooby doo #1? How long ago did you sell it?