• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you pay the 100-200% premium for CGC 9.8 over 9.6?

CGC 9.6 or 9.8  

315 members have voted

1. 1. CGC 9.6 or 9.8

86 posts in this topic

I got you. What I like about GA is the wide variation of titles and genres. It is also a real quest to collect them. There is no thrill like landing a book that you have looked for years and rarely if ever seen a copy. The thrill of the hunt is everything. Likewise, sometimes you have to settle condition wise. Contrary to common belief, it doesn't have to be expensive unless you want it to. I have bought GA books for the price or less than a new off the rack book and I have paid in the 1,000's depending on the book.

SA and up is pretty much available any time you want it. Just got to find the right book at the price you want to pay.

I love the challenge but like they say "Different strokes for different folks"

(thumbs u

Reading some of what you folks that collect GA post, it seems like you have to be half detective and half historian to get the job done. I'm glad I never got that particular bug!

Yeah, that's what I like. Try collecting Australian GA... sometimes you don't even know what's out there. I've added scans of books to the GCD that weren't known to exist.

Yeah, that's what I like. Try collecting Australian GA... sometimes you don't even know what's out there. I've added scans of books to the GCD that weren't known to exist.

(worship)

Would love to hear more about your Aussie GA collection mate!

(worship)

Would love to hear more about your Aussie GA collection mate!

same here

For must have books, like Miller DD collection that I adore, I target 9.8.

I can live with 9.6's for Moderns. There is nothing I really need in 9.8 for almost double a 9.6.

I think you can collect 9.0+ and be really happy with the quality. It will save you a bundle and you can own more of your favourites.

For Silver Age, I try to stay above 7.0+ unless it's a major key (AF 15, Hulk 1 ect..) or something you just can't find. I don't collect GA, I don't have those deep pockets and they really don't interest me all that much. Only want a few Bronze Age books and the rest is all copper/modern which is all about the 9.8+ Trying to collect a full run of Wonder Woman 63-100 all in 9.8, I can honestly say I've gotten very lucky with it. They are extremely tough to find in 9.8. I also prescreen alot of books for 9.8+ cause I like to save money anything rejected gets a second look, if I can't find anything it goes back to prescreen and 9/10 times, i'll get a 9.8 back.