• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Avengers 100

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys. First post here. I was hoping you could help me out with a guestimate of a grade here. I actually live near CGC and was debating bringing several books in but not sure if this one is worth it.

For your consideration is Avengers 100. It is very nice except for the top of the book. It looks like the top was exposed to something with a high level of acid or else was open to the elements whereas the rest was very well protected. The pages are generally soft and not brittle but the top of the cover is a bit brittle as you can see. Unfortunately the piece of the cover was just a tear until just now I opened it to take it out to scan it. And then it let go. Not cool. But that's how it goes right? I did scan some of the interior being very careful and not putting down any backing plate because I wanted you to see the interior coloring and that it does get darker towards the top of the page. The reflectivity is nice and I see no folds or tears in the cover other than at the top. The staples are centered and I don't see any rust or discoloration. You can see in one of the scans that they are not likely replacements. The cover is on tightly and the centerfold is also attached tightly. If you have other questions please let me know. Thank you guys. I'm still figuring out how to grade so it's highly appreciated.

I am attaching a link to my google drop box for full resolution pictures.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-99PymiVOexNWRDVWpOSG91RWc&usp=sharing

Think it's hard to get a FN with a chip out and brittleness at top of book. I could be wrong, I've seen CGC grade books FN with subscription crease breaking color on back although in past decades FN grade did not permit sub creases.

I'd call it a Qualified whatever it is - looks NM, but has chip and brittle top edge.

Maybe a super VG/F if unqualified. ?