• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ebay seller may be a con-artist

255 posts in this topic

I hope these help...they are NOT your typical printer machined staples.

staple%202_zps9x49tlq0.jpg

staple%203_zpswad2fjvf.jpg

Above are the e-bay seller copies, and these are from flat books from DC. As you can see the staples are tight to the binding, not lose.

20160618_211811_zpssso8ahat.jpg

20160618_211828_zps08onfp3h.jpg

I am the seller of the books in question...and I'm here to say that I don't make or create fakes. I buy them from a local shop and list them on ebay to try and flip them....the same reason anyone sells on ebay. But due to all the slandering of me...I took all the books down from ebay cause it's not right that I get the 3rd degree for something even I am unaware of when buying these type of books. I'm sorry for any confusion regarding my listings and me as a seller. It was never my intent of starting a wave of judgment in my character.

If anything, it's protecting you as a seller. Shame on the LCS that sold you these as valid error copies.

I'm glad you took the step and came on here. Shows your true level of character and I appreciated that.

My apologies if you felt slandered or pressured on to coming here. However, glad you're here! :)

I am the seller of the books in question...and I'm here to say that I don't make or create fakes. I buy them from a local shop and list them on ebay to try and flip them....the same reason anyone sells on ebay. But due to all the slandering of me...I took all the books down from ebay cause it's not right that I get the 3rd degree for something even I am unaware of when buying these type of books. I'm sorry for any confusion regarding my listings and me as a seller. It was never my intent of starting a wave of judgment in my character.

Are you saying the shop sells you these books and you later discover the errors?

Or are you saying you are (I'm assuming) paying a premium for them from the shop because of the errors?

Care to share what shop this is?

Well I am no con artist by any means. I love error / misprint, double or more covered books...it just lets me know that I have been scammed and I wish to not do that to anyone else unbeknownst to me. I just don't want to be slandering for things that are out of my control. I respect CGC and the other companies for what they do in detecting fakes and labeling them as "MARRIED" on the labels. But it was never my intent to cause an uproar on ebay or the CGC chat boards.

A-Donis-I agree those staples have been replaced. I dont know what you meant about the CBCS book you posted a link to though-those look ok. Of course we cannot see the inner staples but i cannot imagine any company missing replaced staples.

Well I am no con artist by any means. I love error / misprint, double or more covered books...it just lets me know that I have been scammed and I wish to not do that to anyone else unbeknownst to me. I just don't want to be slandering for things that are out of my control. I respect CGC and the other companies for what they do in detecting fakes and labeling them as "MARRIED" on the labels. But it was never my intent to cause an uproar on ebay or the CGC chat boards.

Thx for coming here and explaining-yes you were scammed-those staples were absolutely replaced.

I am looking forward to a full refund on my purchase price plus all grading-related fees.

I got a little over excited and purchased one of your books. I sent it off for grading last week.

Send me a PM.

I'll let the boards know how this turns out.

:o

Yep. Really :censored: bummed if it turns out to be a fake. We'll see in about a month.

I buy them from the shop (usually sold for between 50 to 150) and they are error books and I try sell them in hopes of making either my money back or more. But the guy usual cuts me a deal on the books cause that's what I buy from him the most. But now that I realize that these are possible fakes it's not in my consciousness to continue selling these type of books much less buy them anymore.

I buy them from the shop (usually sold for between 50 to 150) and they are error books and I try sell them in hopes of making either my money back or more. But the guy usual cuts me a deal on the books cause that's what I buy from him the most. But now that I realize that these are possible fakes it's not in my consciousness to continue selling these type of books much less buy them anymore.

I'll ask again.

Care to share what shop this is?

A-Donis-I agree those staples have been replaced. I dont know what you meant about the CBCS book you posted a link to though-those look ok. Of course we cannot see the inner staples but i cannot imagine any company missing replaced staples.

CBCS has been known to miss restoration checks before...