• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ebay seller may be a con-artist

255 posts in this topic

My concern is the fact they are all raw. Why didn't he cgc them? You're talking 28 bucks a piece or less. The return would be huge on a 9.6/9.8 which they should be since they are modern.

Why pay for slabbing when you take the chance of CGC or CBCS giving you PLOD/married cover label notes...when you can find unsuspecting dupes and rake in $184.50 for say, half an hour of your time and 4 books culled from $1 bin stock ????

Case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOWLING-COMMANDOS-OF-S-H-I-E-L-D-1-DOUBLE-COVER-ERROR-MISPRINT-NICK-FURY-/322131979933?nma=true&si=VeD7mmFXp0rUf2iGq1cRRq6siew%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What is even more astounding is that this d-bag has an eBay Designated Seller Rating of Top Rated....meanwhile my DSR is at Above Average with 100% feedback and 0 returns.

5 reports from boardies and this guy gets slammed by eBay.

Let's make that happen (thumbs u

The dealer is a friend of mine (or he was now). But the shop is a local hot spot around here I can't put him or the shop on blast like that. Just know that I'm not going to be shopping there anymore and your minds should be put at ease.

A-Donis-I agree those staples have been replaced. I dont know what you meant about the CBCS book you posted a link to though-those look ok. Of course we cannot see the inner staples but i cannot imagine any company missing replaced staples.

CBCS has been known to miss restoration checks before...

Ok but what about that book you posted-what is the problem with that specific book?

The dealer is a friend of mine (or he was now). But the shop is a local hot spot around here I can't put him or the shop on blast like that. Just know that I'm not going to be shopping there anymore and your minds should be put at ease.

My mind will be put at ease once you make financial peace with the customers you deceived. You can start here and now.

A-Donis-I agree those staples have been replaced. I dont know what you meant about the CBCS book you posted a link to though-those look ok. Of course we cannot see the inner staples but i cannot imagine any company missing replaced staples.

So has CGC.

I just read on the forum yesterday about a Journey Into Mystery 83 which had been graded twice by CGC at blue.........then a third time, the book was graded by CGC with a PLOD with "top right edge trimmed" noted.

Keep in mind if you do not disclose the store there are those who will say you were the culprit and just used that excuse.

You have been deceived on multiple occasions and are comfortable allowing this "dealer" to continue taking advantage of other collectors?

I'm calling BS unless you share exactly what shop it is.

You have been deceived on multiple occasions and are comfortable allowing this "dealer" to continue taking advantage of other collectors?

Bingo.

I'm leaning towards the same conclusion. If I had been serially ripped off I would shout it far and wide who did it to me.

I told you I'm not going to put the shop on blast.

God forbid....not "on blast".

Heavens no.

Ps to Munk-you're new so you should know this place is incredible about ferreting out the truth. we've literally seen it all.

:o

Okay then, why not out the guy who is basically selling you fakes?

:o

Okay then, why not out the guy who is basically selling you fakes?

AND ruining your reputation and placing you in the current hot seat?

Ok but what about that book you posted-what is the problem with that specific book?

It's a safe assumption that this book came from the same dealer.

The eBay seller's name is munkalunk228 .

Your CGC board name is munkalunk.

I have a crazy hunch that this 'dealer" and "local hot spot/shop" that you refer to if a construct of your imagination.

I'll take another wild stab in the dark and say that you and the eBay seller are one and the same.

Have fun getting kicked off eBay & starting over as a 0 feedback seller.

I have a crazy hunch that this 'dealer" and "local hot spot/shop" that you refer to if a construct of your imagination.

I'll take another wild stab in the dark and say that you and the eBay seller are one and the same.

CAK he admits he is the ebay seller he is saying he bought the books from a dealer

CAK he admits he is the ebay seller he is saying he bought the books from a dealer

Don't put him on blast, yo.