• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who gives good deals on Silver Age comics for resale.

13 posts in this topic

I am new to the comic business. I have been selling at the Claremont Packing House Conventions, and on ebay. I've saved much of my earnings, and would like to begin investing in Silver Age comics so I can resell them. There are many sellers I have seen whom I do not trust, because of restorations or advertising a higher grade than what it is.

I would prefer to buy then without the CGC certification so I can pay to get them certified and increase the value. Which dealers have a good reputation for what I am looking for?

Personally, I would stick to what you've been doing, as you've been earning money doing so. Buying raw books from dealers, with the plan being to slab them and sell them for more, is going to be pretty hard. Not saying that it's impossible, but when you factor in the occasional bad buy and the fact that slab-worthy books will typically already be slabbed, it's just going to be very tough to consistently make money with that strategy.

Personally, I would stick to what you've been doing, as you've been earning money doing so. Buying raw books from dealers, with the plan being to slab them and sell them for more, is going to be pretty hard. Not saying that it's impossible, but when you factor in the occasional bad buy and the fact that slab-worthy books will typically already be slabbed, it's just going to be very tough to consistently make money with that strategy.

+1

You're paying retail price when buying from dealers.

First off, if any of us had a 'secret' source of raw comics ready for slabbing, I don't think it would be publicly shared. Obviously, you have read the headlines about comic investing has done better than the stock market and now want to 'invest'. First off, you will need to learn how to grade so you can know a good deal when you see one. I would go to a local convention. Sometimes there are small dealers selling at deep discounts.

Most valuable key date rare coins are bought already certified as there is too much risk involved in purchasing a fake or cleaned coin,... valuable key date comics may not have reached this point yet but there still is a high degree of risk buying them raw......

Build up your own high grade collection and sell it when you retire :)

That was my plan. Since I will die before I retire, guess I'll have to just keep em all. lol

My plan is to prove oak is my father - and inherit..........

:insane:

Build up your own high grade collection and sell it when you retire :)

That was my plan. Since I will die before I retire, guess I'll have to just keep em all. lol

My plan is to prove oak is my father - and inherit..........

:insane:

:roflmao:^^