• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a little advice on selling options.

21 posts in this topic

Besides, a place like Heritage Auctions won't accept any lots less than $5,000, or so one of their reps told me.

I was told the same, once upon a time. This collection will go for more than 5 grand, in my opinion. Is there a reason he shouldn't approach Heritage?

I think Heritage has a single item minimum valuation of $3k for their signature auction with floor bidding. So, aside from the sum of a submission, you can't send them 50 pieces worth $100 each to make up that $5k and expect it to be in their signature auction.

Looking at the material, I'd speculate Heritage would decline (but it costs nothing to inquire and ask) accepting any of the pieces for consignment other than relegating some to possibly the signature auction internet lots or the weekly Sunday internet auction, both are lower profiled auctions.

I'd say, even then, the type of modern material seen is best better left for Comic Link who does a much better job getting buyers than Heritage, and also has a lower valuation threshold for their Featured auction. Also, the focused auction at Comic Link is way better than Heritage's Sunday Internet auctions, if your pieces are relegated to those 2 venues.