• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akron-Canton show on Sunday, June 25th

5 posts in this topic

I will be set up at this show- I am not the promoter. Most of the people will be in great spirits following the Cleveland Cavalier championship run- in fact, this location is only about 10 miles from Labron's residence.

My latest inventory list is

https://mega.nz/#!IwozmbIC!8oPclm0SbydoNVArbKgXgFGyMNgS_IyMLK1lHN-vYrM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For 25 YEARS Northeast Ohio's Premier Comic Book Event!

AKRON-CANTON COMIC CON

SUNDAY, June 26th, 2016

Chapparell's Community Center

2418 Arlington Rd. Akron, OH 44319

Admission $5.00, Age 6 & Under FREE! FREE Parking!

10AM TO 4PM

Many self-publisher guests and local Ohio creators: Travis Campbell & Take 3 Studios, Marcus Calvert, Tom Lintern, William Grapes, Adam Fields, Dave Ahar, Landon Faulkner

CN James & Amy Joy and Ed Griffie and MORE!

Cosplay Contest at 2:00 sponsored by Heroic Adventures, Massillon, OH, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Prizes!

The Best show for Golden, Silver and some Modern Age comics. Movie,

Western, and Horror Collectibles. Some Toys, Non-Sport Cards and a lot of other stuff.

Come and Join the fun!

Hourly Prizes!

QUALITY EVENT - AFFORDABLE PRICE!

jeff@harpercomics.com

330-353-0439

Virus-free. www.avast.com

For 25 YEARS Northeast Ohio's Premier Comic Book Event!

AKRON-CANTON COMIC CON

SUNDAY, June 26th, 2016

Chapparell's Community Center

2418 Arlington Rd. Akron, OH 44319

Admission $5.00, Age 6 & Under FREE! FREE Parking!

10AM TO 4PM

Think this may be my last Jeff Harper show in terms of selling books. The table fees where reasonable ($80) but getting a sale was like pulling teeth. There was a shop set up directly across from me who was blowing out $5-$10 for $1 and had all their wall books half price. I couldn't beat those prices so I ended up just going over and buying all the keys early but I could have done that without wasting the day setting up.

I had a total sales of $500 which is about half my lowest I've ever made (2nd lowest was the Buckeye Con run my Harper down in Columbus).

Yeah, yesterday began decent, and then slowed down in the afternoon. I wound up slightly north of break even. The Costume contest looked fun, although my wife was annoyed with their parading around. Not sure if I met you or not. I had the setup next to the stage on the ramp side. I didn't notice the guy across from you. I filled a small box at New Dimension's table, which I've made it a habit lately. Also got a Cav's t sheet and cap leaving the area (an outside booth around Arlington and Waterloo roads), so that made my day.

Summer shows in general can be slow; the best sales show for me (I don't do Columbus) is the March show by the Cleveland airport.

Yeah, yesterday began decent, and then slowed down in the afternoon. I wound up slightly north of break even. The Costume contest looked fun, although my wife was annoyed with their parading around. Not sure if I met you or not. I had the setup next to the stage on the ramp side. I didn't notice the guy across from you. I filled a small box at New Dimension's table, which I've made it a habit lately. Also got a Cav's t sheet and cap leaving the area (an outside booth around Arlington and Waterloo roads), so that made my day.

Summer shows in general can be slow; the best sales show for me (I don't do Columbus) is the March show by the Cleveland airport.

I was set up directly beside the stairs leading up to the front door exit. Bill was across from me. I did think the constant horns were very annoying and even more annoying was the kids hanging out all day and leaving with not one bag full of books.

If anyone has been directed to this post regarding my inventory list, the revised list as of October 15, 2016 is at this link:

https://mega.nz/#!YhY00BaJ!Lg6TJIFtn6eZRnf4hdj1-ppdu3v9WKAoVwxRoODa5FM

I will be setting up at the Cleveland Comic Con show on October 16, put on by Harper Productions. This is at the American Legion Hall,

22001 Brookpark Rd., Fairview Park, OH 44126

Admission $4.00, Age 6 & Under FREE! FREE Parking!

10AM TO 4PM