• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russo brothers developing THE WARRIORS for TV

3 posts in this topic

The Russo Brothers Adapting Cult Classic Gang Film ‘The Warriors’ For TV With Paramount And Hulu

Joe and Anthony Russo are taking a breather from the Marvel world to adapt cult-classic film The Warriors as a one-hour drama with Paramount TV and Hulu. The brothers will reimagine Walter Hill’s iconic 1979 film, itself an adaptation of Sol Yurick’s classic novel. Their take will honor the original film while adding its own unique brand of grit, pulp, sex and violence. The Russo brothers will team with writer Frank Baldwin on the series. There is no director attached yet.

The Warriors series will be a Paramount Television Production in association with the Russo brothers, Getaway Productions. Joe and Anthony Russo and Mike Larocca serve as producers. Lawrence Gordon (producer of the original film) is an exec producer on the new project. The brothers are repped by WME.

I loved this movie as a kid.

I would watch it over and over again with my brother.

I didn't enjoy The Ultimate Director's Cut as much.

The comic book sequences that were added just seem so out of place.

I loved this movie as a kid.

I would watch it over and over again with my brother.

I didn't enjoy The Ultimate Director's Cut as much.

The comic book sequences that were added just seem so out of place.

Agreed, I love the original cut of the movie.