• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery Comics #4 For Sale

24 posts in this topic

Highest graded copy stooges.gif. Its time to upgrade and I'll probably buy a restored copy so let's see if I can unload this first. If its doesn't then I still be happy to hang on to it. Looks good in a mylar, and that smell of 65 year old aged pulp. Ahhh. cloud9.gif Bid away.

Marvel Mystery Comics #4

I don't see a grade or a description of defects. confused.gif

Highest graded copy stooges.gif. Its time to upgrade and I'll probably buy a restored copy so let's see if I can unload this first. If its doesn't then I still be happy to hang on to it. Looks good in a mylar, and that smell of 65 year old aged pulp. Ahhh. cloud9.gif Bid away.

Marvel Mystery Comics #4

The scans give me a reasonable idea, as does the BIN.

Marvel Mystery Comics #4

Exactly, which is why I put 4 or 5 pictures of the book on for display. Woogie would you prefer if I listed as "POS for sale". 27_laughing.gif If I said it was a 1.8 and really it was a 1.0 would you be upset at me? poke2.gif

Marvel Mystery Comics #4

Exactly, which is why I put 4 or 5 pictures of the book on for display. Woogie would you prefer if I listed as "POS for sale". 27_laughing.gif If I said it was a 1.8 and really it was a 1.0 would you be upset at me? poke2.gif

The pics tell a story certainly, but they don't tell me everything I need to know. Like, for instance, how about a statement as to whether the book is complete or not? That would be useful information. Or, a description as to whether the interior pages are still supple or not. Are the cover and centerfold still attached at the staple, you don't say and I can't tell from the pics? Are there any tears or pieces missing to any interior pages that aren't displayed in the pics?

Or am I being unreasonable for wondering exactly what I'd be getting for my multi-hundreds of dollars spent? makepoint.gif

Marvel Mystery Comics #4

The pics tell a story certainly, but they don't tell me everything I need to know. Like, for instance, how about a statement as to whether the book is complete or not? That would be useful information. Or, a description as to whether the interior pages are still supple or not. Are the cover and centerfold still attached at the staple, you don't say and I can't tell from the pics? Are there any tears or pieces missing to any interior pages that aren't displayed in the pics?

Or am I being unreasonable for wondering exactly what I'd be getting for my multi-hundreds of dollars spent? makepoint.gif

yea! (fight, fight!) poke2.gif

Well if your seriously interested why don't you PM me otherwise don't worry about it. 2004 OS Guide or a 2.0 is $1,031, probably higher this year so I'm basically at half of that. All the pages are there. Its probably a 1.0 in my estimation but to be honest I don't have a lot of expeirence grading books that low.

I cringe everytime I try and sell through this marketplace because no matter what you say someone will chime in and either intentionally or unintentionally submarine your listing. If I gave too much information I'd probably still get some guy chirping, its a POS, the BIN's too high, etc, etc. Or one of my favorites, you paid X for it so why are you listing it for X? foreheadslap.gif

Well if your seriously interested why don't you PM me otherwise don't worry about it. 2004 OS Guide or a 2.0 is $1,031, probably higher this year so I'm basically at half of that. All the pages are there. Its probably a 1.0 in my estimation but to be honest I don't have a lot of expeirence grading books that low.

I cringe everytime I try and sell through this marketplace because no matter what you say someone will chime in and either intentionally or unintentionally submarine your listing. If I gave too much information I'd probably still get some guy chirping, its a POS, the BIN's too high, etc, etc. Or one of my favorites, you paid X for it so why are you listing it for X? foreheadslap.gif

For what it's worth, I think it is a FR 1.0 and is priced "fairly" and perhaps even a little on the low side for a complete copy that is just missing some small, easily replaced pieces of the front and back cover. The water stains on the inner pages would probably come out too with a good washing and lightening treatment (just talked to Tracey Heft about similar issues yesterday), neither of which would cost all that much. The piece replacement along the bottom of the front and back cover are what would probably cost the most to fix unless I could find a beater copy of #4 with those pieces intact. (As you may note, I am thinking of buying it and having it restored.) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No I think I rather buy a restored book because this will need some extensive work, especially with the amount of cover recreation needed. I should be able to get a 6.0-7.0 book that has moderate restoration for about the same cost or just slightly less.

No I think I rather buy a restored book because this will need some extensive work, especially with the amount of cover recreation needed. I should be able to get a 6.0-7.0 book that has moderate restoration for about the same cost or just slightly less.

Good idea...I hear FFB might have one like that available soon! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The only beater copy you might be able to find would be a coverless one. These books don't come around very often and if it had a complete cover it would fetch at least $1,000. I have scanned Marvel Mystery's on EBay for over a year and haven't seen low grade copies of this issue come around really at all.

Good idea...I hear FFB might have one like that available soon! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

The only beater copy you might be able to find would be a coverless one. These books don't come around very often and if it had a complete cover it would fetch at least $1,000. I have scanned Marvel Mystery's on EBay for over a year and haven't seen low grade copies of this issue come around really at all.

Yeah, I know that MM#4 is not like Hulk 181 in terms of availability. There's a reason I haven't pulled the trigger, you know. But if you're going to torpedo my attempts to talk up your book, that's your right I suppose. screwy.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry, not trying to sink your listing at all, just asking some questions.

At one point I had amassed about a dozen of the MMCs (many of which were lower grade) and I've still got a soft spot for them.

Good luck on your sale! thumbsup2.gif

Sorry, not trying to sink your listing at all, just asking some questions.

At one point I had amassed about a dozen of the MMCs (many of which were lower grade) and I've still got a soft spot for them.

Good luck on your sale! thumbsup2.gif

Hey Woogie don't get me wrong, I appreciate your points but I just prefer to address them to specific bidders when asked. if it was a 2.0-3.0 book I certainly would have provided more detail but this is a 1.0 book so really I done want to play up the fact that it really is in POS condition. thumbsup2.gif