• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another eBay seller to be weary about .........

38 posts in this topic

leery...

or wary.

"women don't get woolly, they get weary"

That's why I'm not an English major. I don't give a $^# about spelling errors. Engineers are great students who can't spell words other than things most people wouldn't even care to spell out ... such as pneumonoultramicroscopisilivolcaniosis.

What's you major?

Chemical/Bioprocess Engineering

That field was really hot when I graduated back in 1994, but I'm not sure about today though.

leery...

or wary.

That's why I'm not an English major. I don't give a $^# about spelling errors. Engineers are great students who can't spell words other than things most people wouldn't even care to spell out ... such as pneumonoultramicroscopisilivolcaniosis.

What's you major?

That field was really hot when I graduated back in 1994, but I'm not sure about today though.

27_laughing.gif there weren't even Biochemical Engineering programs in schools in 1994. Universities are just now making it an official major.

I'll be starting my work towards my third degree in the field in August. finishing up the 2nd this summer.

That's a good attitude. You might as well say "I want to look like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person."

Well, I've made 2 maybe 3 spelling errors in 4 months on the boards. Big deal. I've seen some board members make many more than that, so I'm not worried about looking like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person thumbsup2.gif

I was talking about the attitude. People make spelling mistakes, that's not a big deal. Snapping back to a playful bit with something along the lines of I don't "give a [#@$%!!!] about spelling errors," on the other hand... that deserves comment.

leery...

or wary.

What's you major?

27_laughing.gif there weren't even Biochemical Engineering programs in schools in 1994. Universities are just now making it an official major.

I'll be starting my work towards my third degree in the field in August. finishing up the 2nd this summer.

I meant Chemical Engineering in general. My friend was making twice as much as me upon graduation in that field.

That's a good attitude. You might as well say "I want to look like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person."

Well, I've made 2 maybe 3 spelling errors in 4 months on the boards. Big deal. I've seen some board members make many more than that, so I'm not worried about looking like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person thumbsup2.gif

I was talking about the attitude. People make spelling mistakes, that's not a big deal. Snapping back to a playful bit with something along the lines of I don't "give a [#@$%!!!] about spelling errors," on the other hand... that deserves comment.

Well when I originally made that comment, it was also meant as a joke thumbsup2.gif But now it's personal. poke2.gif27_laughing.gifwink.gif

leery...

or wary.

What's you major?

OT -- Oh yeah, Chemical Engineering is still one of the highest paying fields, and is known as the single toughest major in all colleges/universities ... but it's been hurt a bit by 9/11 and the current oil problems.

When I started my bachelor's program, they told us all we'd NEVER have trouble finding a job because we're needed in every field in every country, but then I graduated originally in 2002, just a few short months after 9/11, and 4 out of 25 had jobs that May.

I meant Chemical Engineering in general. My friend was making twice as much as me upon graduation in that field.

um...I was an English major in college and I can't spell worth a darn. Lets face it if you are writing a professional letter you need to use spell check and proof read, however, if you are just posting on a comic message board who cares?

Hobgoblin can I be your friend now that I've got your back??? flowerred.gif

Eric

um...I was an English major in college and I can't spell worth a darn. Lets face it if you are writing a professional letter you need to use spell check and proof read, however, if you are just posting on a comic message board who cares?

Eric

Homophones can still cause problems even with spell check though, and then ya wind up looking like a dunderhead.

Homophones can still cause problems...

homophone basher!

Not only did I KNOW someone was going to say that, but I was 99% CERTAIN that that someone was going to be YOU. 27_laughing.gifhi.gif

Eric

flowerred.gif

Dude, don't make him learn to spell and write! Us Tech Writers would be out of a job!!! 893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

To update, the seller is offering to refund half the purchase price. I'm okay with that for a book in this condition. Still a good looking book that I didn't have before. He's a pretty trustworthy guy, just needs work on his grading and auction detailing.