• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a DD or Batman truly exist?

28 posts in this topic

Sure, there's guys out there that can beat a small mob into submission. A touch of luck probably has to do with it, and the mob being drunk as hell.

But vigilante crime fighters can't really exist for more than a couple outings before being murdered or arrested. Probably one outing if they dare to wear a costume.

I agree, I don't think it can be the every night type of activities you see from batman. You'd have to be really selective with the types of bad guys you take on, and have to be in the right place at the right time.

With that being said, I think with the right type of training and equipment, I think a motivated person with unlimited resources could essentially run a well-thought out ongoing vigilante guerilla campaign against a specific criminal enterprise. Sort of like a low key version of stuff you might see in movies. The occasional beating/maiming of one or two criminal employees at a time for information. Blowing up or damaging the occasional car or warehouse, collecting evidence illegally then giving it over to the police (assuming you're not an agent of the police).

But otherwise being in the right place at the right time to stop a crime in progress is nearly impossible to begin with.

Biggest hurdle is money. I think when the Dark Knight Rises premier, I read an article where someone did the analysis as to the cost of being Batman considering the initial investment in gear, technology, maintenance, etc.. and it was an extremely high $$$ amount just for daily operations. So while it may be possible for a person to take on the persona of the Batman, he'd have to have enough money to sustain it and most individuals would not be able to.

How Much Money Would it Cost to Be Batman?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/01/how-much-money-would-it-cost-to-be-batman

I once saw a buddy of mine get out of a cab and take on 5 guys outside a Denny's at 2am does that count?

Did pretty well for himself. Got a few shots in, knocked a couple down. Didn't last long though... They obviously eventually overtook him. He would suck as Batman.